Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   internet cafe in Pollensa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/5084-internet-cafe-pollensa.html)

its cd 10-08-2009 13:10

internet cafe in Pollensa

Hi

Does anyone know of an Internet Cafe in pollensa

Or failing an internet cafe .. anywhere with Wi Fi

Thanks

sws97sdg 10-08-2009 13:32

JK's and Bonys both have wifi, but to be honest most places do now, if you put wifi in under search you will get lots of suggestions

JH02JLH 10-08-2009 13:39

Ah, but does cd mean the old town and not the port?

If it is the old town, I'm sure I've seen an internet cafe down by the cloisters...you know where I mean? There's also a bar just to the right of the steps (if you're going up them) by another huge church, just around the corner from "Ideas", but not sure whether they do wifi (although they look like they might do!).

sws97sdg 10-08-2009 13:43

The towns the same mate all the ones in the sqaure do it now, and there are several cafe in the back streets as well :)

debz1 10-08-2009 18:25

The Moustrap in the port which used to be called Caramba Cafe has wifi.

It's a nice quiet bar and also non smoking which I know you would prefer cd :)

its cd 10-08-2009 18:52

ok I shoudl have been more precise

Yes Debz I do mean the old town .......

I also woudl be keen to know about one that has PC's you can use ( like Caramba , rather than just a wi fi )

My reputation is at stake here ... a colleague has asked me where they can get internet access in the old town and I can't admit I don;t know, seeing as Ia m the font of all PP knowledge

So come on guys don;t let me down I need names

sws97sdg 10-08-2009 19:08

Cant help CD, always take laptop with me so never needed to use machines.

JH02JLH 10-08-2009 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 33913)
ok I shoudl have been more precise

Yes Debz I do mean the old town .......

I also woudl be keen to know about one that has PC's you can use ( like Caramba , rather than just a wi fi )

My reputation is at stake here ... a colleague has asked me where they can get internet access in the old town and I can't admit I don;t know, seeing as Ia m the font of all PP knowledge

So come on guys don;t let me down I need names

Aha! I thought you meant the old town!! It was me who said it...:D

I am 99% sure there is an internet cafe by the Cloisters - I'm useless with directions, but I remember walking past one day and seeing it was an internet cafe and thinking that would be useful.

If you go down the alleyway past Ca'l Lloro and carry on walking towards the outskirts of the town, it's on the left side of the street, just past the Cloisters. Anyone else help me with this?

its cd 10-08-2009 23:27

Thanks Jane

I have also just done whet I shoudl have done in the first place and looked at the adverts on this site

2 internet cafes advertising

1551 which I have a feeling has closed - can anyone confirm and also Club Formentor which I am ashamed to say I don't know ......... tried googling the address and it can't be found

so new question - anyone now where club formentor is ?

Quelys 12-08-2009 20:10

Both Cafe 1551 (still open) and Club Formetor offer internet services. Club Formentor is on the same street where Can Costa used to be if that's any help...

JH02JLH 12-08-2009 20:16

That's great, Quelys! Thanks very much for that!:)

its cd 12-08-2009 21:38

ta anyone have directions to 1551 please

afternoon boy 18-08-2009 10:17

Internet Access

The Spar Supermarket in Bellesreguard is a good place for a coffee and free internet access- just ask for the code when buying a drink or a baguette

Quelys 24-08-2009 18:16

Club Formentor closes on the 12th September in case anyone is looking for interent access after that date best head for 1551

moosey 26-08-2009 09:05

Most of the square in Pollenca has wifi now.. especially the Birra bar which is next to clombus bar and also the new restaruant numbero ocho,, club formentor is wifi and done away with most of the pc.. just 1 pc.. 1550 bar on the new sq has pc..there is also a shop down a side street in between vogue properties and the esnenat shop..