Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   Mobile Broadband Plug Ins for Laptops? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/3103-mobile-broadband-plug-ins-laptops.html)

wittonian 16-06-2010 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by frito (Post 45411)
Yes, the Vodafone shop is under another name. It is Embulls. They are authorised distributors for Vodafone.

The shop in Avenida Argentina (no. 10) has both phone and fax.

Phone: 871 707 908

Fax: 871 707 910

email address is: pollensa@embulls.net

I hope this is useful.

Frito:)

Thanks. That's a great help.

Wittonian

wittonian 19-06-2010 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by frito (Post 45411)
Yes, the Vodafone shop is under another name. It is Embulls. They are authorised distributors for Vodafone.

The shop in Avenida Argentina (no. 10) has both phone and fax.

Phone: 871 707 908

Fax: 871 707 910

email address is: pollensa@embulls.net

I hope this is useful.

Frito:)

Do you the name of the Vodafone shop you mentioned in Alcudia please and its contact details.

Thanks.

Wittonian

Grandad 15-07-2010 15:04

Up to date Info.

Embulls.. was not there on the 12th.July as it is now a proper Vodaphone shop. I chose a vodaphone Dongle as I could top up on line whereas Moviestar said I had to take the Stick to the shop to get top ups. That info may be wrong but had a real problem geting info from them. The vodaphone shop in Old Pollensa and Alcudia was very effecient and cost me 49 euro to buy which included 2 weeks no limit use. After this period you can pay for 1`2 or 4weeks unlimited . 4 Weeks costs 39 euro. Or you can have 90 days as long as you only use 1mgb of downloads for the same price even then they will tell you and you could pay more if you require it. Prices for use.. start at 17 euro . On this pay as you go you end up only paying for the time or usage that you want.. Great.

clinkham 20-08-2010 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandad (Post 46888)
vodaphone shop in Old Pollensa and Alcudia was very effecient and cost me 49 euro to buy which included 2 weeks no limit use. After this period you can pay for 1`2 or 4weeks unlimited . 4 Weeks costs 39 euro. .. Great.

Hello Grandad, please can you (or anyone!) confirm if the 49euro was 2 weeks use including a new dongle?? or just 49 euros for 2 weeks use on an existing dongle??

Just packing for a dawn getaway tomorrow, and can't find my UK dongle. B****r!:mad:

Whilst searching around for info came upon this site which has a fairly comprehensive explanation of Vodafone ES and broadband.

Spain SIM cards - VODAFONE MINI USB ADLS MODEM KIT - Unbeatable Prices - spainSIM.com

Mark 20-08-2010 16:20

The page with modem details at the moment is here:

Vodafone: Dispositivos de Datos para Acceso a Internet

Might be different or better in shops.

The page with data Bonos details is here:
Vodafone: Acceso internet prepago, Bonos prepago

I would print that spanish page out and take it with you so you can make it clear you want a prepago and NOT a contract.

The shops WILL try and sell you a contract unless you make it very clear :)

Also convert those pages in google translate if you cant read them.

not sure if these links will work:
Google Translate

and:
Google Translate

Mark.

whaleywanderer 21-08-2010 10:32

One problem to be aware of when purchasing more data for your SIM:

I went to the Vodafone shop in Pollensa, paid €59 euros for the 1 month unlimited bond but I did not realize that I needed then to send an SMS message to vodafone (from the vodafone connect programme on my pc) in order to verify which bond I had paid for. Consequently my €59 euros was used within 4 days as I was still using the standard tariff - a very expensive mistake!!:eek: I'm sure the girl in the shop told me what to do but I didn't understand her:confused:, so technically my fault.:(

I'm not sure whether this applies if you are just purchasing a certain amount of Mb (eg 400Mb), I think you can probably just top up like a mobile phone in any of the top-up outlets (perhaps you could verify this Mark). Definately though, if you are going for the time duration (eg. 1 month, unlimited) you do need to make sure that once you've purchased from the Vodafone shop, you send the SMS as explained above.

May I say though that once up and running it's brilliant.

clinkham 22-08-2010 21:01

Thank you, all. Just fallen out of Bonys, after a very poor exerience at the Bahia. I think I have taken in what you have said above. Thanks for the info. Will re read in the morning to make sure before going up to Pollensa and the Vodafone shop.
Cheers, Hic!

its cd 22-08-2010 22:18

its all just such a pain though isn't it ....... why can't one network just start letting you use your inclusive mins; free texts and free internet all over europe ..... even if they charged a bit more each month I bet loads of people would switch to them ................... take O2 for example they are owned by telephonica who own movista , so it must be technically possible.

one day ................. I hope

clinkham 23-08-2010 15:10

Been to Vodafone in pollensa this morning. no usb sticks available till next week!! Got Movistar dongle in the port but think the tariff is sky high. I will keep you posted if I can afford to run it it!!!

clinkham 26-08-2010 22:36

Movistar internet

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinkham (Post 48956)
Been to Vodafone in pollonsa this morning. no usb sticks available till next week!! Got Movistar dongle in the port but think the tariff is sky high. I will keep you posted if I can afford to run it it!!!

Well one Movistar top up later,decided I can't afford to run it. Nowhere near the supposed vodafone 'unlimited' for a fortnight tariff mentioned previously. Think the Movistar top up runs out at around 20 euros for 180Mb. As there seems to be no understandable printed price tariff (even in Spanish) it's difficult to know exactly what you are paying for. A very poor customer experience.
On the bright side, staying not far from Laguna (ex Bonanca) where free WiFi flys along on my 'n' wireless card, all for the moderately priced glass of beer. Do we really need mobile phone based dongles?? Particular one that (regularly) intermittantly loses 3g and falls back to a 56kp crawl.
Far better to pay the propertyowners a few bob for a decent WiFi connection rather than Vodafone or Movistar, if you really need a internet access in your accomodation.

Mark 29-08-2010 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 48894)
One problem to be aware of when purchasing more data for your SIM:

I went to the Vodafone shop in Pollensa, paid €59 euros for the 1 month unlimited bond but I did not realize that I needed then to send an SMS message to vodafone (from the vodafone connect programme on my pc) in order to verify which bond I had paid for. Consequently my €59 euros was used within 4 days as I was still using the standard tariff - a very expensive mistake!!:eek: I'm sure the girl in the shop told me what to do but I didn't understand her:confused:, so technically my fault.

I'm not sure whether this applies if you are just purchasing a certain amount of Mb (eg 400Mb), I think you can probably just top up like a mobile phone in any of the top-up outlets (perhaps you could verify this Mark). Definately though, if you are going for the time duration (eg. 1 month, unlimited) you do need to make sure that once you've purchased from the Vodafone shop, you send the SMS as explained above.

May I say though that once up and running it's brilliant.

That is an easy mistake to make

The data sim is just an oridinary phone call sim that is data enabled.

when you buy a top up you are adding call credit just the same as a PAYG sim for any network.

To convert some of the call credit into a data allowance you send the appropriate text message to buy that data package with some of your credit.

As you say it is brilliant when it is set up and working.

I think my sim has expired as I just tried it in my laptop ( at home in England) and I cant check my balance, I could previously use it to send a balance check text from home, but does not connect now :( Not used it since late 2009 as no holidays yet this year.... I need one badly :D

Mark.

broadband jim 30-03-2011 11:32

Mobile broadband

I'm Spanish, living in the UK and I have Vodafone Spain, and when I want to top up my phone from here I do it online, in Vodafone.es, where it's completely free. But yes, Vodafone Spain is no the same that Vodafone UK, like Santander Spain and Santander Uk, they work different and your account is not the same.
If you want to use a dongle ( modem usb in spanish), you can check with any company there, vodafone, movistar, orange, all of them offer good deals.:)