Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2023, 18:45

Can’t fault IB-Red.
jjacks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2023, 19:58

I also can’t fault ibRed. This is where I am at present. We have a “Holiday” contract with ibRed. It’s costs 420 euros for 6 months and once you start the 6 months you can’t stop it. You can extend the contract by adding months. I usually extend as, like this year i will be coming over early to get my “P. P. Fix” Installation is with a dish and does not require a phone line and it is 14mb download speed. So last year year the cost was about 520 Euros.
I spoke to ibRed and they said that I can have a fibre optic fitted. No installation costs and modem is free. The spec is 300mb at 29 euros a month or 600mb at 39 euros. Even the 600mb shows a saving over the whole year.
Old 05-03-2023, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacks View Post
We use our apartment for holidays. We have tried a TPLink but we never seemed to get the hang of it and if we ever used it with all our family out there , it didn't last very long. We're looking at IbRed or Fibwi and wonder if anybody has experience of these. We just want internet, no mobile or landline. We are a first floor apartment so I think we would need fibre connection. Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.
I've just moved from Movistar to O2. Same company so didn't even have to change router it was instant swap.

PP is a restricted zone so they have to sell at a set price. Unlike in Palma and Inca where they can sell cheaper.

For Fibre only is €33 (I think) a month but if you lived in Palma is would be €27! We have a mobile as well so pay a bit more. Same package with Movistar was €14 more expensive.

https://o2online.es/fibra/
Old 06-03-2023, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watty View Post
I also can’t fault ibRed. This is where I am at present. We have a “Holiday” contract with ibRed. It’s costs 420 euros for 6 months and once you start the 6 months you can’t stop it. You can extend the contract by adding months. I usually extend as, like this year i will be coming over early to get my “P. P. Fix” Installation is with a dish and does not require a phone line and it is 14mb download speed. So last year year the cost was about 520 Euros.
I spoke to ibRed and they said that I can have a fibre optic fitted. No installation costs and modem is free. The spec is 300mb at 29 euros a month or 600mb at 39 euros. Even the 600mb shows a saving over the whole year.
We changed to fibre optic when IB-Red made it available in our street last year. Originally €29 pm for 100mb it has since been upgraded to 300mb at no extra cost. The staff in the office in Pollensa are also really helpful.
Old 29-03-2023, 17:58

While we were at the apartment last week ib-Red turned up, bang on time, and fitted our new fibre line into the apartment. No problem and completed in about 1.5 hrs. Very clean and tidy job carried out by two polite engineers. As stated before we are now paying 29 euros/month for 300mb. When finished the engineer ran a test and even on a mobile device the result was showing about 320+mb. Well pleased.
Disorderly, Sharonh, PP76 and 1 others like this.
Old 30-03-2023, 07:13

We've decided to go with Ib-red and will arrange for this to be done when we are out in June. I have had some very helpful emails from them and after reading your comments, I think we've made the right choice.
Disorderly and Sharonh like this.
Old 30-03-2023, 10:49

29 euros sounds reasonable.....is that the total for unlimited data? any other costs?
Old 30-03-2023, 12:03

There are no installation costs and the 300 mb refers to the download speed - I think
Old 30-03-2023, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
29 euros sounds reasonable.....is that the total for unlimited data? any other costs?
29 Euros a month….that’s it. No hidden costs. Excellent value and service.
Sharonh and Lorenzo like this.
Old 31-03-2023, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
29 Euros a month….that’s it. No hidden costs. Excellent value and service.
Cool....I was thinking of sharing with my next door neighbour, as neither of us are there that often.
Old 31-03-2023, 16:28

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing.

I would imagine that there must be a limit to the amount of data one can download before being charged a supplement for any usage over and above the minimum.
Old 31-03-2023, 17:40

In their FAQs for the 'fibre optic' ib-red states "Our products do not have a download limit. The customer may use the connection however they want without a reduction in speed or an increase in their bill, as is the case with mobile or satellite connections."
https://ibred.es/en/ib-red-frequentl...ra-optica-2275

Though obviously you'd need to do your own research and find out what applies to their specific contract.

The 300 Megas offer on the website is a bit light on detail.
Old 31-03-2023, 17:48

Quote:
Cool....I was thinking of sharing with my next door neighbour, as neither of us are there that often.
That’s exactly what I do. The next door apartment shares with us and the signal is plenty strong enough and with the increased capacity, lots of us can use it without and buffering issues.
Sharonh and Rockape like this.