Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   satelite installation (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/1430-satelite-installation.html)

julesy43 04-11-2003 07:25

satelite installation

hi everyone,
looking to help some friends out with satellite tv here in the port.
they want to get the basic package as they are missing BBC and eastenders!!!
can anyone recommend someone who can supply dish box and connection??? at a good price.
thanks;)

mallorcaboy 04-11-2003 16:10

satelite instalation

We used a guy called David Panther. He has a shop in Pollenca, sorry don't know the phone number, but he will be in the phone book.
Certainly was reliable.

pollensaman 05-11-2003 03:06

Hi,

I too have had very good service from David Panther and his telephone number is (0034) 971 532 881

Sun Properties 06-11-2003 16:46

Dish

Anyone know if David Panther has an e-mail address ? We have bought a new apartment in a block of 12 and I think the intention is for all residents to club together and split the cost of a 120cm dish between them....a quote from this guy would certainly be useful and from the above recommendations he could well get the job.
KAB

frito 06-11-2003 20:16

Re: Dish

Try Reus in Puerto Pollesa.
The service I have had has been outstanding.
The installation was tidy. The service was pleasant, and the support after installation magic.
During the storms, my dish moved. The technician was there in an hour. When he arrived he checked other dishes on the roof too!

nickandsue 06-11-2003 21:23

Re: satelite instalation

Is it possible to receive the full SKY digi channels with the standard equipment. I have seen a lot of info on the web that people in mallorca lose their reception of Sky digi after 9pm at night ????

Thanks
Nick and Sue

mallorcaboy 06-11-2003 22:06

Re; satelite instalation

There can be a little trouble at times, particularly in heavy rain.
We find that we sometimes can't get all our film channels. Generally speaking the Sky reception in Mallorca is about 100% better than the cable I have fitted in London;)

SENOR CIGAR 07-12-2003 00:00

REUS IN THE PORT WERE AMAZING.
I CALLED INTO THEIR SHOP ON MONDAY EVENING AS THEY WERE CLOSING AND ASKED WHEN THEY COULD DO A SURVEY AND A QUOTE.
TUESDAY 10.00 DANNY WILL BE WITH YOU THEY SAID.
ON THE DOT DANNY THE ENGINEER ARRIVED AND SHOT UP ONTO THE ROOF TO LOOK WHAT NEEDED DOING.
WITHIN 10 MINUTES HE HAD WORKED OUT A QUOTATION WHICH WAS ACCEPTABLE.
NOW THE DIFFICULT PART I THOUGHT - WHEN WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO INSTALL IT?
WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR WAS THE REPLY AND BY 11.30 IT WAS ALL UP AND RUNNING.
EXCELLENT SERVICE AND I WOULD MOST CERTAINLY RECCOMEND THEM.