Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   Broadband internet (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/1422-broadband-internet.html)

mallorcaboy 14-06-2005 04:27

Broadband internet

I've ordered broaband from Telephonica in English. They phoned me today to say that they were ordering me a modem and I had to install this myself. Is this something that an idiot (me) could do, or do I have to get an expert to do it?:rolleyes

Snowy 14-06-2005 04:28

I assume they will send you the disc if so you should have no problem8)

JH02JLH 14-06-2005 04:28

Hello Mallorcaboy,

I've had broadband from AOL for about 3 months now (thank goodness!!) and it was simplicity itself to install.

I don't know whether Telephonica is the same but it took me about 30 minutes to set up and install and now I can surf the net and use the phone at the same time.

Plus it's so much quicker!!

I'm sure if I can do it, you'll have no problems!!

Regards
Jane:D

PP76 14-06-2005 05:59

Hi Mallorcaboy,

I think it should be quite simple, if you had the modem now we could have over come the problem as our son is in PP now although he comes back tomorrow, if you do have any problems let us know, he is back out with us on the 29th and I think your apartment is near ours.

Good Luck

PP76

mallorcaboy 14-06-2005 11:25

Thanks all, if I get a problem when the stuff arrives I'll shout out.:)

Sun Properties 14-06-2005 15:16

Broadband

Hi Mallorcaboy

At this rate you could hit your 500th post milestone by way of broadband. Hopefully see you next week but don't ask me for any help with the installation but I've got my 19 year old daughter with me who sorts out my machine at home.

KAB

mallorcaboy 15-06-2005 04:32

Re: Broadband

Look forward to seeing you next week;)

mallorcaboy 16-06-2005 00:16

Can anyone tell me if I can buy some kind of wireless "thingamagig" that I can plug into "somethingorother" once my broadband has been fitted, to allow me to wander around the apartment while surfing? (As you see, I am fully aware of all the terminology)

congokid 16-06-2005 00:34

What you want is wifi. You'll need a card adapter, and a router.

Unfortunately, that's the full extent of my knowledge on the subject.

pollensa 16-06-2005 01:40

Have you tried pccoste - see www.puertopollensa.com/localservices.html#computers the new computer shop. I'm sure that's the sort of thing they do & they do installations as well & yes, you're looking for a wireless connection as we have at home so my sons can surf the net whilst watching TV - progress....

frito 16-06-2005 04:27

Telefonica can install ADSL for you. Go back to them and tell them this is what you want. I did and the engineer was with me in two days.
Otherwise Pccoste will sort you out, as has been suggested.

I hope this is useful.

Frito.

mallorcaboy 19-06-2005 06:26

Thanks all. I'll let you know how I get on