Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/)
-   -   Amazon Firestick (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/internet-telephones-mobile-phones/12533-amazon-firestick.html)

Family Ordonez 23-11-2015 14:10

Amazon Firestick

Hi All
Please bear in mind that I am not technical at all.... Does anyone know if Amazon firestick will work in majorca. I am looking for a way to watch English TV without having to have a dish, I'm not sure if this is possible but thought I should be able to stream it somehow. I have Movistar fibre optic broadband. Any tips will be massively appreciated.

Many thanks

lollipop 23-11-2015 15:22

Don't know about the fire stick but you could use Filmon Either by connecting laptop or phone to TV or if Smart TV direct from web.

Roy&Myra 23-11-2015 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Ordonez (Post 107675)
Hi All
Please bear in mind that I am not technical at all.... Does anyone know if Amazon firestick will work in majorca. I am looking for a way to watch English TV without having to have a dish, I'm not sure if this is possible but thought I should be able to stream it somehow. I have Movistar fibre optic broadband. Any tips will be massively appreciated.

Many thanks

Go on line to ,< filmon.tv > all free to air dgital English plus tv Free.
When we are out in Pollenca or Canaries it works well .
And its ALL FREE

sws97sdg 23-11-2015 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy&Myra (Post 107681)
And its ALL FREE

Is there a catch, sounds to good to be true!

Roy&Myra 23-11-2015 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 107683)
Is there a catch, sounds to good to be true!

No catch..... Honest..... ITS FREE !!!!!!!!!!!

Belladonna 17-07-2016 10:26

Just re asking the question - does the Amazon tv usb stick work at all, or is it jammed in Mallorca? :confused:

alcanadakid 17-07-2016 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 113386)
Just re asking the question - does the Amazon tv usb stick work at all, or is it jammed in Mallorca? :confused:

Not normally - it is out of region. We have tried

However I believe that there is a way of hacking it, but that is beyond my capabilities!

alcanadakid 17-07-2016 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy&Myra (Post 107681)
And its ALL FREE

Some Samsung smart TV's have a problem with Filmon. There seems to be a dispute between the two. Our older Samsung works but our newer one doesn't. We can access the site and try to watch, say BBC, but it just keeps returning to the option screen. There has been quite a lot of discussion about this on the internet.

littlebird 19-07-2016 18:29

We took our firestick with us last week and, whilst the streaming service was blocked, we were able to play programmes we'd downloaded to a Kindle Fire, by "screencasting" it to the stick (if that makes sense). Netflix worked too.