Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 16:45
Founder

Default Wifi2Go - 15% Off Wifi Rental

Excellent News - One again we have an exclusive 15% Discount Code for Wifi2Go Wifi Rental!

Just use the promo code PTOPOLLENSA15 at Wifi2Go for 15% off any booking with Wifi2Go.

Wifi2Go Pocket Wifi is a nifty little gadget that:
  • Works out-of-the-box (no configuration needed)
  • Indoors or outdoors. Hotel or apartment. Mountain or beach. Still or on the move
  • Connect up to 5 WiFi devices
  • No need for a USB port or wires
  • Ultra-light (81 grams - 110 grams) and small (dimensions 62mm x 98mm x 15.3mm)
  • Compatible with every operating system
    (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, Apple iOS, Windows mobile, Symbian, Blackberry…)
  • 4-hour battery life

Hurry this offer expires soon & is EXCLUSIVE to bookings via PuertoPollensa.com.
Mark and Sparky like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 12-04-2013 at 16:49.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-04-2013, 23:02

So, I don't need to spend an extra £400+ for a villa with wifi when this will work anywhere?
Old 17-04-2013, 07:33

I'm sure you are not paying £400 extra for wifi. You are paying extra to have a villa offering probably a lot more than an apartment including privacy and perhaps a private pool! For example our villa is 3 times the size of an average sized apartment but is certainly not 3 times the cost!
This wifi is an excellent opportunity to have connection in many places apartments and villas at a very good price!
Belladonna likes this.
Old 17-04-2013, 10:53

Hi Eleanor,
I'm doing my homework for a villa in July (peak season) next year.
The villas with wifi are on average £400 more than those without, I am not comparing a villa with an apartment but a two/three bed villa with similar facilities with and without wifi. The villas we like are rural (car necessary), private pool at least 8M x 4M and two bathrooms. If I'm being really fussy I also want a south facing pool, sheep in the field next door wearing bells and a cockerel about 500 metres down the road to add to the atmosphere.!! (Oh and barking dogs, just love it!)

I've looked at all the private rentals and usual suspect companies and still stick with my observation about wifi. This device will bring so many more villas into our budget, just wanted to know if it's really as simple as plugging in a kettle?
El Gordo and eleanor like this.
Old 17-04-2013, 11:02
Super Moderator

Roig cat i have not used it myself but someone i know says it is a great device and as it says on Pollensa's post, it "Works out-of-the-box (no configuration needed)" .
Old 17-04-2013, 11:23

Thanks Sparky and if anyone out there has used it, I would love to know what the range is. Wifi in villas often doesn't work in upstairs bedrooms (where teenagers hang out!!)
Old 17-04-2013, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roig cat View Post
The villas we like are rural (car necessary), private pool at least 8M x 4M and two bathrooms. If I'm being really fussy I also want a south facing pool, sheep in the field next door wearing bells and a cockerel about 500 metres down the road to add to the atmosphere.!! (Oh and barking dogs, just love it!)
That's just like our list although I like a huge pig in the next 'garden' so I can feed it food scraps

Quote:
I've looked at all the private rentals and usual suspect companies and still stick with my observation about wifi. This device will bring so many more villas into our budget, just wanted to know if it's really as simple as plugging in a kettle?
The Mifi device works well as long as there is a decent mobile phone signal, if the signal is low try it upstairs for stronger signal or near an upstairs window etc.

I bought one and bought a sim but it is sometimes a faff to activate the data so renting a preconfigured device looks worth it for the price, especially as it opens up more villa choices for those of us that need internet access and its safer than using public wifi.

These are only really for internet browsing and emails etc, not for heavy you tube use etc as you will use the data too quickly.

maybe rent two, one for the children and one for the parents and then yours will still work when the kids have used up all their data
eleanor and roig cat like this.
Old 17-04-2013, 11:44

I've priced this one up and TEP and Wifi2go premium are much cheaper for what we need. However, TEP do carry forward unused daily use, I cannot see this mentioned on WiFi2go. TEP also let you know what data levels are left (which seems pretty handy to know) - do we know if WiFi2go do as well?

If no one knows, then I will email them and ask.

Can't help with how good they are - not used one yet!

Last edited by Keswick1uk; 17-04-2013 at 11:47.
Old 17-04-2013, 12:54

HI Mark,

Never had a pig next door but sounds great! Could block out the wifi signal though?

A donkey (getting cross) and making lots of noise is also a good addition to the wish list.

I'll let you know if I find my perfect place. Just stayed at Villa Melissa with MFH which was very nearly perfect, even had a scruffy cat who dirtied the posh outside chair cushions whilst sleeping on them at night!
Old 17-04-2013, 13:16
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keswick1uk View Post
I've priced this one up and TEP and Wifi2go premium are much cheaper for what we need. However, TEP do carry forward unused daily use, I cannot see this mentioned on WiFi2go. TEP also let you know what data levels are left (which seems pretty handy to know) - do we know if WiFi2go do as well?

If no one knows, then I will email them and ask.

Can't help with how good they are - not used one yet!
As I understand it you get a certain amount for a week (39.90 EUR for 1Gb before 15% discount) so a daily limit isn't relevant. I also think that that once you exceed the limit, it still works but at a much slower speed. Do email info@wifi2go.travel & I will also contact Javier for more info on exactly how it works & whether you know how much later you have used/got left.
Old 17-04-2013, 17:50

Hello everyone.

If I may join your conversation, I would like to offer support for any doubts or questions you may have.

First an apology, because our booking system encountered a problem and we are now handling requests on a case by case basis. That should be solved within the next couple of days.

For wifi2go On Holiday, we offer 1Gb per week at 7.1Mbps. Base price is 39,90€/week, and you do not have to rent full weeks. You can get an extra Gb for 12€

Wifi2go Premium includes 2Gb per week at max 21Mbps (depending on coverage). Price is 74,9€/week, and you can also get an extra Gb for 12€.

In both cases, we offer a progressive discount. For more days, less €/day.

As for coverage, you ar right, some areas are mor difficult than others. It's specially hard between Crestatx and Pollensa, around the Golf course area. As special support we offer external antennas.

Pickup and dropoff are mainly centered in the airport, more convenient for everyone.

I will review your questions and answer them. Do not hesitate to contact with us in case you need further information.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

www.wifi2go.travel
Mark and roig cat like this.

Last edited by pollensa; 17-04-2013 at 17:56.
Old 18-04-2013, 11:00

Default Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by roig cat View Post
Thanks Sparky and if anyone out there has used it, I would love to know what the range is. Wifi in villas often doesn't work in upstairs bedrooms (where teenagers hang out!!)
The range is ca. 20-25 meters. But of course, if there are many walls and floors between the device and the user, it is reduced.

Maybe it is a good excuse to see our teenager's face every now and then, isn't it? :-)
roig cat likes this.
Old 18-04-2013, 11:43

Hi Wifi2go.

Our Villa is in the Colonya Valley near Pollensa. Is that an area needing an ariel?

Airport pickup will be fine for us and 2gb on premium a week should be OK. Can the extra 12 euro GBs be added during the holiday or do they have to be purchased in advance?

Thanks for joining in!
Old 18-04-2013, 16:31

Default Vall de Colonya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keswick1uk View Post
Hi Wifi2go.

Our Villa is in the Colonya Valley near Pollensa. Is that an area needing an ariel?

Airport pickup will be fine for us and 2gb on premium a week should be OK. Can the extra 12 euro GBs be added during the holiday or do they have to be purchased in advance?

Thanks for joining in!
Hello!

The Camí Can Bosch area (Vall Colonya) is a little difficult. It's in the golf course area. But last year, our customers managed to get good 3G with an aerial antenna.

For the extra Gb we recommend to add it before, but we can throw an extra Gb later on...

Think that you'll have also internet with you, and you'll be able to enjoy the advantages of being connected all over the island. Priceless when you are looking something up on Google Maps...
Old 18-04-2013, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi2go View Post

For wifi2go On Holiday, we offer 1Gb per week at 7.1Mbps. Base price is 39,90€/week, and you do not have to rent full weeks. You can get an extra Gb for 12€
That's a very reasonable price for the extra Gb for people that will use up the 1Gb.

Do you have any pictures of the units as people wont realise how small and compact these are.