Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2014, 13:19
Banned

Default wifi2go

Hi

I picked up a leaflet for "wifi2go.travel" from the information kiosk in PP last week.
Has anyone used them and any comments atall please.
(Cost is from 39.90 euros a week to rent the device).
Sponsored Links
Old 14-04-2014, 13:23
Founder

If you book wifi2go via our site & use code PTOPOLLENSA15, you get a 15% discount! There's been quite a lot of feedback here & none negative as far as I'm aware.
Nick and wifi2go like this.
Old 14-04-2014, 14:35

We are using it this week. Very easy to use, very useful with two teenagers in tow! Collected it from the airport, just behind the resort hopper desk. Then return back at the end of the holiday. Can someone tell me how to get to arrivals when we get dropped off at departures please, that's my only concern. We have 4 devices linked to it and switch it off when not using it and charge it up over night. Will definitely use again
pollensa, Nick and wifi2go like this.
Old 14-04-2014, 16:16

Arrivals is one floor down from the departures check in area.
Old 14-04-2014, 16:45

I have also used this before..great service..I am also curious how I get to arrivals from the departure check in area as that is where the bus will drop us.
JMD40 and wifi2go like this.

Eating Out
Old 14-04-2014, 16:50

There is a lift which goes down to the arrivals area from departures hall ...you come out on the public side of arrivals not the airside ...easy peasy no stress then back in the lift up to departures and then up the escalator to security etc etc etc
wifi2go likes this.
Old 16-04-2014, 11:43

Hello everyone!

To get to the first floor, if you enter the departures terminal through the door marked easyjet, there is a lift right on your left hand side. This will take you to arrivals, and the office is only 30 mts to the right. Altogether 1-2 minutes.

And thank you all for your good comments!!! :-)
JMD40 likes this.
Old 16-04-2014, 12:04

We've used wifi2go twice and can thoroughly recommend. Easy pick-up and drop-off and brilliant to use, not only in your villa/apartment but out and about too.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 16-04-2014, 17:16
Banned

I think I'll definitely be using them for my next visit now then. I'll post as to how it goes, and I'm always brutally honest with write-ups!!!
Old 16-04-2014, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
I think I'll definitely be using them for my next visit now then. I'll post as to how it goes, and I'm always brutally honest with write-ups!!!
It has been great..I know there are a number of places you can get free wifi but this is so much easier .
Nick likes this.

Eating Out
Old 01-06-2014, 15:31
Banned

Just back from a week in PP and thought I'd use the "wifi2go" gadget.

Booked online with 15% discount through puertopollensa.com. Very efficient and quick email system. Gadget worked well, we just kept it plugged in at our apartment. Couldn't believe how small it is!

Great little system and easy to order, collect and drop off at the Jet2 kiosk at B exit. Saves the cost and hassle of having the internet installed in the apartment against the amount of usage it would have. Will definitely be using them again.

As an aside, also met the Whaleywanderers while in PP, very nice couple happily settled into Mallorcan life!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:49

Slightly off post but we were over last weekend and noticed that our IB RED wifi which is usually really reliable was a bit hit and miss ...... Also noticed I wouldn't connect to the public wifi in the square on a few occasions which is also provided by IB RED

Wondered if anyone else has noticed a real degradation of service and also wondered if it is just sheer weight of numbers at this time as this is the first time we have tried to use our wifi during peak season
Old 10-08-2014, 09:56
Banned

I've had the wifi2go thingy all fortnight and in the main it's been reliable. Have had to reset my phone and ipad a few times though as it's lost its connection.

Have tried various times to get onto the municipal WiFi with no luck atall. Down to volume of people?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Slightly off post but we were over last weekend and noticed that our IB RED wifi which is usually really reliable was a bit hit and miss ...... Also noticed I wouldn't connect to the public wifi in the square on a few occasions which is also provided by IB RED

Wondered if anyone else has noticed a real degradation of service and also wondered if it is just sheer weight of numbers at this time as this is the first time we have tried to use our wifi during peak season
IB RED did say earlier in the year in a newspaper article they will probably not cope in the summer because so many people now have TV through the internet I think you will find this will only get worse
Old 19-12-2014, 11:33
Banned

Default Wifi2go

I'm trying to rent a wifi2go unit but can't get their website to accept my details.
Does anyone know if they even operate over winter?
Thanks.