Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2013, 22:03

So excited not long till we are there. We are interested to know if they actually ae open for business tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg.mk1 View Post
I am informed that the long awaited refurbishment of the Ora Playa has begun! 2 of the 4 apartment blocks have been renovated (or will be by the time they open on 1st June)
This is why there are two different prices - the "Superior" apartments are the recently refurbished ones.

Looking at their website, it seems there are only 12 "superior" refurbished apt, and 104 apartments.
No photos of the refurbished ones.

I noticed last year that the apt I had at Playa Mar had the same basic furniture etc, but the furnishings ( curtains, sofas, beds etc) had been changed from an Aztec type design they had in the previous year to a nice chocolate and cream décor.
This wasn`t in all the apartments , we could still see the older furnishings in some of the rooms.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-06-2013 at 14:52. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 04-06-2013, 14:36

Hope they are sorted by August, considering a recent review on tripadvisor

Last edited by Sparky; 04-06-2013 at 15:12. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49

Read the review on Trip advisor also.No hot or cold water,rooms smelling of adhesive,fixtures and fittings taped on to walls.I can only hope when we stay there in July it shall be all sorted out.Bearing in mind this is not the cheapest of places to stay in and if Hotel management are renting out rooms with all these issues they should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 07-06-2013, 14:27

Purely for research purposes for forum users I popped into the Oro Playa earlier this week prior to returning to the UK.
They are definitely open, up and running, looked very clean and tidy in the public areas - Reception, Dining Room, Sw. Pool Area, Etc. and had a very pleasant Receptionist who insisted I had a small brochure with lots of pictures. Also there was some evening entertainment on at the time of my visit, outside adjacent to the pool area. I didn't go in any of the apartments themselves so cannot comment on them, but I understand that some/many have been upgraded. The Oro Playa is part of the Mar Hotels Group (Cadena Mar Hoteles & Apartamentos; in the brochure), their other hotels/apartments are also indicated on their web-site - as follows. 4* Aparthotel Playa Mar (P.Pollensa), 4* Condesa De La Bahia (Alcudia), 3* Aparthotel Rio Mar (Playa De Muro), 4* Aparthotel Rosa Del Mar (Palma Nova).
The Receptionist said that the Oro Play was open for four months - June, July, August, September. But please do your own checks! Their Phone No. (from brochure) is +34 971 864 441 Fax No. +34 971 864 440 Central Reservations Phone No. +34 902 078 078 E-mail address is oro_playa@cadenamar.es The brochure indicates their rating as '2 Keys' and they are indicated as being '3 Star' on the web-site. There are various web sites if you use 'Google'.
lollipop, cherylbb and mikeb like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 07-06-2013 at 15:13. Reason: External link removed.
Old 10-06-2013, 15:11

Oh dear, another bad report on Trip Advisor. I find it quite odd that a property run by a reputable hotel group has such bad press.
Surely they wouldn`t let it get so bad that it reflects poorly on the company as a whole.
The other Mar hotel in PP is Playa Mar, I have stayed there twice and had no complaints. The difference there is that you can only book through Thomsons, it is taken over by them all season except for a couple of weeks early on. Therefore they are (I suppose) looking after the interests of their clients.
Ora Playa seems to be open to all bookings, whether through a reputable holiday company or a DIY basis. I have booked Ora Playa through Thomsons.
I go on the 21 June and hope that there are no more bad reviews before then. Watch this space.
Old 10-06-2013, 23:37

In the same boat. Go to Oro Playa 22nd June for 2weeks but seriously considering changing the booking. Mind you went last year and although the apartment was tired and the whole place needed some tlc and refurbing, everything worked and they kept it as clean as they could. Booked again this year almost solely for the location and actually don't mind an old room if the new ones are problematic.

Keeping a close eye on this forum though, thanks to all for the updates
wilcoxon likes this.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:48

hi all, new to the forum....we're staying in the Oro Playa for a week from this Saturday....I booked it ages ago, and am really worried now that I read the bad reports for this season.!!!!
And, we've booked one of the newly refurbed rooms
I will report back!!! Can I add photos?
Old 11-06-2013, 13:37

Just emailed the hotel about the water problems and this is they reply I had.

I’ve just spoken with the reception desk at Oro Playa and they’ve explained me the problem is 95% fixed. They keep having some minor problems in 2 or 3 rooms with the hot water, not arriving as hot as we would like to yesterday midday, but they’re working now on it.

We’re planed to have this fixed before the weekend.
LK1960, Lorenzo, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 13-06-2013, 09:45

There are new pictures of the superior rooms on the website.
allyla likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 13-06-2013 at 09:52. Reason: External link removed.
Old 13-06-2013, 12:24

Thanks for that Claire, they look pretty good!
I've had an email reply from Oro Playa too, confirming my ground floor superior room will definitely be ready for us on Saturday. (need a ground floor as hubby is wheelchair user)
Feeling much better about it all now.
lollipop likes this.
Old 13-06-2013, 12:28

Well - they look very nice. I have booked through a Thomsons so won`t be in one of those.
However - I prefer single beds on holiday. It` too hot to be coping with a light sleeping partner fidgeting all night long.
Old 14-06-2013, 20:39

Default Looks good to me!

Clareld,
Thank you for posting details of the superior rooms. Am hoping all the teething problems will soon be fixed and that these apartments are worth the wait and all of the anxiety .We shall be pleased to hear how you find Ora Playa this season.
Old 16-06-2013, 12:16

Seeks like other people have had problems with water . Fair enough they arrived 4th June , but even though it seems to have been solved, I am still felling a bit sick.
I should be looking forward to my holidays , not worrying about what I shall face when I get there.

Trip Advisor

Last edited by wilcoxon; 16-06-2013 at 12:17. Reason: mispelt
Old 16-06-2013, 16:58

I have had a message from the person who made the last review on TA, I`d like to post it here. Hopefully it will help .

We left the Ora Playa on the 11th June, a Tuesday, the water problems were resolved on the previous Saturday.
We were in K 24 which I assume will go through the refurb process in due course.
t was very tired but clean and had a westerly aspect which was great in the evening.
As I tried to indicate , the fellow in reception was most helpful and quite charming. Thomson were just not interested in helping the dozen or so guests that were there and should be ashamed of themselves. I am sure that now the problems are resolved you will enjoy your holiday so you shouldn't worry unduly
LK1960 and lollipop like this.