Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Hotel or Apartment (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/9949-hotel-apartment.html)

ragdollabbi 08-04-2013 11:51

Hotel or Apartment

We have booked for 3 nights in February next year and I know it's probably still a bit early to make final decisions regarding accommodation, but just wondered what people who have been in February before (a first for us) would suggest:confused: Have made a couple of enquiries today about hotel accommodation and also know that we can have access to an apartment in Pinaret but not sure what would be our best option at that time of year and for such a short time. Normally we would choose an apartment but just unsure if that would be our best bet this time. Are the hotels normally reasonably busy in February.......don't want to be the only people in a hotel;) Also wondered if Pollensa or Alcudia town might be an option.

debz1 08-04-2013 12:12

Hmmm tricky one. As an owner I would obviously say apartment, but saying that we normally mix early in the year breaks with a bit of DIY.There's not much open hotel wise that early except for Mar Calma which has had great reviews. Also in Pollensa Hotel Posado de Lluc and Hotel Ca'l Lloro are both lovely. If you do book and an apartment make sure it has a good heating system as apartments are not built to be warm.. if they have been empty for a couple of months they can be unbelievably cold and take a while to heat up :eek:

I'm sure you will have a great break. It really is very different out of season but in a good way. Weather wise it could be either snowing or 20* so make sure you pack a variety of clothes!

ragdollabbi 08-04-2013 12:18

Thanks debz1. I must admit you have hit the nail on the head as far as a apartment is concerned. Although, as I previously said we always would choose that option, the lack of heating in February was something that I was wary of!!!;)

rioja 08-04-2013 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdollabbi (Post 82093)
We have booked for 3 nights in February next year and I know it's probably still a bit early to make final decisions regarding accommodation, but just wondered what people who have been in February before (a first for us) would suggest:confused: Have made a couple of enquiries today about hotel accommodation and also know that we can have access to an apartment in Pinaret but not sure what would be our best option at that time of year and for such a short time. Normally we would choose an apartment but just unsure if that would be our best bet this time. Are the hotels normally reasonably busy in February.......don't want to be the only people in a hotel;) Also wondered if Pollensa or Alcudia town might be an option.

can't think of any hotel (other than Eolo) open in PP at that time. If you like apartments, stick to that,also Pinaret is a superb location

sws97sdg 08-04-2013 13:01

We have spent a week in an apartment the last two winters and found it warm enough, just make sure the apartment has heating or air con that can be used to heat, I think most can, and it will be fine.

ragdollabbi 08-04-2013 13:39

Thanks for these comments. I have just had a reply from Mar Calma, and at the minute they are not sure whether they are going to be open or not, so that's definitely a waiting game. The apartment concerned, we have stayed in before (in both July and October) and it has aircon/heating and also oil filled radiators. It is a relatively small apartment and in a building which is part residential so hopefully it should be ok.....says she trying to convince herself;)

Sparky 08-04-2013 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioja (Post 82097)
can't think of any hotel (other than Eolo) open in PP at that time. If you like apartments, stick to that,also Pinaret is a superb location

I did post on another thread that the Mar Calma intend to stay open this winter.

ragdollabbi 08-04-2013 14:06

Sparky the reply I received from them this morning is as follows:

Our idea is to try to remain open for Christmas and New Year but at the moment we don't know if the Mar Calma Hotel will be open in February 2014.

Fingers crossed that they do decide to stay open though and then we will have more choice;)

Sparky 08-04-2013 14:27

OK thanks for the info, i wish they would make up their minds :rolleyes:.

Things are very quiet in February, many bars and restaurants do close for a break then and Mondays are the worst day of the week :(.

ragdollabbi 08-04-2013 14:33

Sparky, please don't tell me we've made a bad decision to come in February:eek: I am very restricted as to when I am able to travel as I work in Education:rolleyes: Don't really care how quiet it is as long as there is somewhere we can eat at lunchtime and evening and if the weather is dry then that will be ok:)

Sparky 08-04-2013 14:43

Sorry, i didn't mean to worry you Ragdollabbi. There are always enough places open but obviously you won't have the choices that you have in the season :).

ragdollabbi 08-04-2013 14:56

Thanks Sparky, I am sure we will be ok, and I guess we will have a car so we should be able to get around and.....it's only for 3 days......unfortunately:( Just need to decide on our accommodation tho:)

Pam and Dave 08-04-2013 19:09

Marina apartments are open all year and may be a good option for February as they are in a very central location,with lovely views over the bay. Should you decide to go to Pollensa town and want a hotel I can recommend Desbrull. We were there in December for 3 nights and it was ideal.
We've been coming out in February for a few years now and it's been great.There will be plenty cafes and eateries for you to choose from for your stay.

rioja 08-04-2013 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 82107)
I did post on another thread that the Mar Calma intend to stay open this winter.

Yes, they 'intended' to stay open last winter and didn't

its cd 09-04-2013 00:26

Hi we have been in Feb half term week a couple of times and although it is quiet you certainly don't feel as though you are in a ghost town or get that British seaside resort in winter feel

PP is a place where locals live all year and so the winter time is a great way to experience the other PP ...... as Debz says the weather can be unpredictable but it has always been dry when we have been over. Evenings are always cold ..... It isn't unusual to sit and eat a nice lunch at stay in your T Shirt but then walk about the same evening with winter coat, hat scarf and gloves ......... I love it in the winter it feels so special to be there - like I belong