Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By debz1
  • 3 Post By ragdollabbi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 17:13
Under Moderation

Smile Really could do with some knowledgable advice please

Hi everyone

I have stayed in Porto Pollensa before, 5 years ago when my children were 5 and 7 and I was married. I'm now divorced and my children are 10 and 12. We had a lovely time when we were over there and have longed to go back however my finances after the divorce made that difficult. I would really love to be able to treat my children to another holiday there and wonder if you could recommend anywhere, preferably a villa with a pool. It doesn't matter if we need to hire a car, though it would be preferable if not.
I would be grateful for any suggestions. Then at least I have can look with a view to booking ahead for next year.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 13:29

Hi there,

Have a look on the rental pages; select a few for a shortlist; then see what reviews you can find. And ask on here - usually someone will know the property, and you night even get a response from the owner.
Old 09-08-2013, 14:02

I think you would possibly be better staying in an apartment in the Port as the beach, shops and restaurants etc would all be within walking distance. Staying somewhere with a communal pool would mean your children would very likely meet others of a similar age.

A villa holiday is lovely but you may feel isolated and would almost certainly need a car as most villas are in the countryside between PP and Pollensa.

I'm sure if you do decide to have a holiday in PP you and your children will have a fantastic time....it just as good as it was when you last visited
pollensa, sws97sdg, LK1960 and 3 others like this.
Old 09-08-2013, 14:19

I agree with debz1 that an apartment in the port may be better than than a villa. There are lots of great apartments and I'm sure sure you will find something suitable. Good luck
debz1, sws97sdg and LK1960 like this.
Old 09-08-2013, 14:24
Super Moderator

Do have a browse through these links :-

Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca

Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca Holidays - Travel Companies

http://www.puertopollensa.com/hotels.html
Old 09-08-2013, 16:16

We have booked family villa holidays three times now but find, unless you fill each bed space, they do work out to be expensive per person. Villas are also really great for larger families as you can 'party' together but the fewer you are the more isolated it feels. That might suit you but, usually, with children of the ages you have, they love making friends around the pool which is another thing that won't happen in a villa, whereas, often will in an apartment.
Old 09-08-2013, 16:23

As a villa owner in Gommar walking distance to the beach and centre, with a private pool larger than many
communty pools - boo hoo! lol

Seriously there are some good points made here regarding your children meeting other children and playing around a pool but it really is a matter of choice and what you want from a holiday.

You might find an apartment near (as an example,) the Villa Concha would be a good choice as there are often children around plus they have activities for them to take part in and entertainment in the evening to suit all ages including adult.