Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By sunny
  • 3 Post By pollensa
  • 1 Post By Judey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 23:38

Default Opinions please

Hi all,

Hoping to visit late June/early July, will be extended family so 2 small children myself and OH as well as my parents who are in their mid 70's. We won't be hiring a car.
Looking at some privately owned apts and so far like two in the following location:
1. Carrer Voltor , Gomar
2. Via Alemania - just before Av Llenaira

Would either be better in terms of location? We'd like easy access to supermarket and hope to eat out most evenings - would we be a bit far out without car in either location?

Anything else we should be considering in terms of location and if anyone has any suggestions as to where might suit us best would love to hear them
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 12:24

Hello and welcome to the forum. As these villas are privately owned I would suggest you contact the owners who will be delighted to give you as much information as they can. As far as location is concerned both Gommar and Llenaire are lovely areas. Llenaire is a little further out than Gommar which might be a oonsideration if you do not have a car but the buses are regular and very good.
We have a villa in Gommar which on a very hot summers day for young children and older people might be a pain to walk into town. The sun can make the shortest of walk feel quite a distance.
Both areas Llenaire and Gommar have shops and restaurants nearby. I think you will find that if you want a villa within walking distance of the square, beaches and the town then the majority will be found in Gommar or Llenaire. Do contact the owners of these private villas who will give you more info.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:28

So sorry - I have just re-read your post and I see you are looking at apartments and not villas.
There is a greater choice of apartments closer to the main areas for those looking for an apartment. Pinaret is a lovely area and very close to the beach as well as easy walking to the town. The advantage of PP is that all the areas are nice so I think you will find something if you take another look at those to rent on this site.
Sorry I didn't have my glasses on when I replied earlier!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:32

In my opinion both Gommar and llenaire are a fair walk from the centre of town. You may be better searching this site for apartments that would sleep 6 in the South sandy beach or central areas. Lots of restaurants within walking distance from here. Hope this helps
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38

Both Gommar and Llenaire are quite large area urbanisations and therefore it would depend on where the property was located. You will find that each property advertised on here has a map for you to click on. This will give you an indication of where it is and how far it is from the main areas of the town.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:59

Hi,

We normally rent an apartment in pinaret, not too far away from the one in Gomar. It takes us about 5 mins to beach and 15 to the square sometimes longer with drink stops on the way. Love the South sandy beach area as few restaurants and shops but lot quieter than central area, stayed with parents couple of years ago and had no problems walking along sea front to marina. Have a look on the site new feature to find apartments by location its fab. Google maps is a great tool to use great for street view to see area.
pollensa, sws97sdg, Sparky and 2 others like this.
Old 06-01-2013, 13:11

If at the bottom end of the Clle Volter then you are just a few minutes walk from the front but if the other end then as has been said 15-20 mins to the front.
Old 06-01-2013, 13:25
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
Have a look on the site new feature to find apartments by location its fab. Google maps is a great tool to use great for street view to see area.
I am pleased that you're finding that feature useful! All you need to do is search as usual by location, dates etc. on Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca). You will then see a 'List' of properties matching your criteria. There are two Tabs - View as List or View as Map. If you view as Map - you will see most of the properties shown in their locations , there may be a few that don't yet have a Map (I have contacted them all!) but all new properties have maps. Just click on the little house icon to view more details.
Sparky, sunny and eleanor like this.
Old 06-01-2013, 14:53

Thanks that is very useful information - have been looking at the maps, etc and have asked both owners for more info re. distances. Will see what they come back with. Also waiting on a few more replies so will see what sort of shortlist I end up with.
eleanor likes this.