Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JMD40
  • 2 Post By Marvin123
  • 2 Post By Marvin123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-2012, 14:30

Default Maricel1 poolview or Miramar 1 penthouse?

Hi all this is my first post and this summer will be my second trip to PP (first one 11 years ago!!) so really excited to be going back.

We have been offered a pool view apartment in the Maricel1 apartments or the penthouse round the corner in the Miramar 1 apartments and I do not know which to choose! The price differential is about £200 and I know the pool is at the Maricel but I know where Miramar is so I am OK with that. Anyone got any views or stayed at the penthouse? Does it have a roftop terrace or anything and are rooms a decent size. There are 4 of us - me, OH and kids (16 and 13).

Any thoughts very welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 31-01-2012, 23:42

I know this accomodation VERY well. Is it a two bedroom pool view apartment which you have been offered in the Maricel? There are only two of them OR maybe you have been offered Maricel II which are two bedroom/two bathroom next door.
Miramar Atico has TWO very good sized roof top terraces - one to the front off the lounge and another at the rear off the kitchen and one of the bedrooms. The apartment is spacious, on third floor of block (no lift) and has two double bedrooms and one full bathroom. Its good accomodation.
Loujanu22 likes this.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:48

Thanks for the reply. It is a two bedroom poolview in Maricel 1 on the first floor - this is by e-mail enquiry direct to the Miramar Hotel. I think we are leaning towards the Miramar penthouse - looks great and OH is not keen on looking over pool.

Our other option is a third floor apartment in Tonia on the Pine Walk which looks like it has great views but smaller and no pool access which kids like. Im torn because love the idea of a view but presumably good views from penthouse albeit of roofs and hills I presume?
Old 01-02-2012, 18:06

We stayed in the Miramar I apartments last year and are doing so again this year. We didnt stay in the penthouse but on the second floor.

The apartments are very nice, very quiet, and with very good air conditioning. The only downside is they are a little on the dark side and do
not get a lot of natural light or sun due to their location. However the quietness and the quality of the air con is more important to us than this as we dont spend a lot of time in the apartment!!

You still get access to the pool area by the Maricel apratments, again the pool area is very clean and well maintained, with a nice garden, and sun loungers are readily available.
Old 01-02-2012, 22:31

The penthouse gets plenty of sunshine due to the two huge terraces. Youngsters like it as there is more space there than the Maricel apartment and it is barely any conveninece walking 50m around the corner to the Maricel Pool and garden. Maid service 6 days a week is also rather nice which I doubt that you will get at Tonia. There is a sea view from the front balcony of the penthouse. It also has a full kitchen with standard oven which is useful for the odd pizza for teenagers!
Old 01-02-2012, 22:33

Not sure which dates you are looking at but do not leave it long as the Miramar/Maricel have very limited availability for summer.
Old 02-02-2012, 13:18

Thanks for the info. We have booked the Miramar penthouse for w/c 21/7. Really impressed with the service from the hotel as they have given me the 10% early booking discount which officially ended on 31/1 and been very helpful. Roll on July!
Sparky and JMD40 like this.
Old 04-02-2012, 23:47

Excellent, I am sure you will not be disappointed. This offer actually ended 31st December so you have done even better than you thought to secure it. Well done, it pays for a meal out. Enjoy your stay.
Old 11-02-2012, 20:32

I just missed out on an apartment at Marciel 1 but have now booked Pollensamar instead. Will see what it's like but would still consider the Miramar Collection next year.
Old 11-02-2012, 23:03

This year clients booked a long way in advance and its true there is limited availability for high season. The Daina Apts which are located next door to the Maricel are being renovated totally at present are also a good option. Pollensamar are in a nice and quiet location.
Old 28-07-2012, 20:20

Just thought I would follow up on my earlier post about the Miramar apartments. We have just got back from a fantastic week staying in the Miramar 1 penthouse. We loved the apartment, really spacious particularly the 2 roof terraces - made a week away with the teens really easy as so much space for everyone. I also thought the hotel was lovely and all of the staff we met (reception and maids) were friendly and helpful. Apartment, pool and communal areas were spotless.

Thanks for earlier responses that helped me to choose the apartment. We will definately be back.

As an aside, had some lovely meals but everyones favourite, kids included, was at the Illa D'Or - lovely food, service and views.
LK1960 and Sparky like this.
Old 27-10-2012, 17:18

We have booked the miramar penthouse apartment for next summer could someone who knows the apartment tell

1. Is the sea view from the front terrace off the lounge good and when does this terrace get the sun

2. Does the rear terrace off the kitchen/bedroom face onto the Maricel pool and when does this get the sun

Thanks