Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 3 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-2012, 18:59

Default villa with pool

Can anyone recomend a reasonable priced villa for six for one week in august as near as possible to puerto pollensa I know I can check on private villas but do prefer to hear recmendations . thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 14-10-2012, 20:26

have rented 3 from villa plus, all good, lots on their site
Old 14-10-2012, 21:52

We used HomeAway website this year. They advertise private villas and you deal directly with the owners.

A beautiful villa in Puerto Pollenca. Such a peaceful and private location and we didnt need to have a car as the walk to the restaurants was less than 10 minutes. The pool is probably the biggest we have stayed in as well - fantastic for the children.

Rupert.

Last edited by Sparky; 14-10-2012 at 22:08. Reason: Link removed
Old 15-10-2012, 15:30

Have always wanted to try a villa holiday and next year have decided to go for it.Unfortunatley it looks like we are heading for Lanzarote as the prices for Pollensa and Majorca are far too expensive.Lanzarote is coming in at £600 cheaper.A villa in Pollensa start off with flights included at £3000+
Old 15-10-2012, 16:44

I think you will find many much cheaper on this site. Obviously it depends when you wish to travel and how many people and if you are able to find cheap flights. If you look at private apartments and villas to rent on the main page you will deal directly with the owner. The cost will be per property and not based on the number of people too so can often work out cheaper than with a company. You will also see that there is a late deal section too with much reduced rates. Worth having a look.
lollipop likes this.
Old 19-10-2012, 00:05

Thank you all for your advice the trouble is prices are so high for august that its better value to go to a hotel, only my husband has his heart set on a villa, but I think his dreams are running away with him instead of thinking of shopping cooking and trying to keep teenagers amused if not near the town.Has anyone stayed in a villa for holidays and really regretted it.
Old 21-10-2012, 17:22

Maybe you could compromise and find an apartment which would be cheaper than a villa then you could afford to eat out every night so you wouldn't have to cook! So much more freedom and space than a hotel!!
Old 21-10-2012, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevgt View Post
Thank you all for your advice the trouble is prices are so high for august that its better value to go to a hotel, only my husband has his heart set on a villa, but I think his dreams are running away with him instead of thinking of shopping cooking and trying to keep teenagers amused if not near the town.Has anyone stayed in a villa for holidays and really regretted it.
We did once stay in a villa when our three were teenagers and it was beautiful BUT it does mean you are rather isolated and when you go out it's and expedition to get everyone ready at the same time. I always seemed to be hanging around waiting for one or other of them to get there act together Not sure how old your teenagers are but mine were late teens so they also wanted to stay in the Port for late bars and the dreaded Chivas which meant taxi's back to the villa !!

I agree with tangofan that an apartment would give you the space and freedom to excape one another from time to time, and if you choose the right location most are a short walk from the centre of the Port. Also far better than a hotel IMO is to be able to go to the great choice of restaurants but also having the odd homecooked meal or takeaway on the balcony
Sparky, Lorenzo and tangofan like this.
Old 21-10-2012, 18:34

We loved the villa so much we bought it! Having previously owned an apartment in Pinaret and stayed in hotels too in my opinion there is little alternative especially having sole use of a swimming pool and the extra space a villa gives.
Our villa is in Gommar which is easy walking distance to the town and beaches so no problem for us at all. It depends what you want and of course everyone has their own holiday objectives. It is very possible to please everyone. Not all villas are isolated do take a look on this site and you will find many that might suit your needs.