Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   4* recommendations (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/9301-4-recommendations.html)

tequila 05-09-2012 18:23

4* recommendations

My Mum and Dad usually stay at the Illa Dor and wanted to get away in late Sept for a quick week away ( Dad's been on Chemo a fair bit this year so just wants a pick me up ) but it's fully booked, can anyone recommend another similar quality hotel along the walk there? I can only think of the Miramar?
Many thanks
Martin

Lorenzo 05-09-2012 23:10

4* hotel accommodation

What about the Sis Pins Hotel? Or possibly the Hotel Capri? Or Hotel Uyal?

Although I have not been inside the hotel, the Hotel Mar Calma also has some snazzy accommodation and has been reviewed on here. It's in the Calle Formentor so not on the front but pretty close so as not to matter too much.

PP_Kev 06-09-2012 00:27

We have not stayed their, but we did have our wedding reception at the Miramar and can easily say we were treated like royalty. If this is anything to go by, then I dont think your parents would have anything to worry about staying their.

We are planning a meal there for our first anniversary, as the food and service is fantastic!

kate1 06-09-2012 09:02

Tequila, having stayed at both the Illa d'Or and the Miramar in the last couple of years, I have to say I massively preferred the Miramar... I know it only has three stars but it's a really special place, with a great atmosphere (something I felt was lacking at the Illa d'Or).

CliffB 06-09-2012 18:40

I am always suprised the Miramar doesn't make it into posters top 5 restaurants more often.

car77 08-09-2012 00:51

The Miramar - no contest. Fantastic Hotel and very central.

tequila 11-09-2012 06:42

Well ....seems everything was booked when they called, thanks for the info guy's. Guess everyone was going later this year.... maybe the Olympics...

snowy2007 11-09-2012 07:07

How about a nice apartment as there are loads of places to eat out do a search on this site.

HikerBiker 12-09-2012 05:02

I second Snowy's suggestion. Plenty of nice apartments to choose from. I've done both-- The first time, Sis Pins, the second, a private apartment with nice views. This time, next week, a nice, bright privately-owned apartment, in Llenaire, on the water. Though Sis Pins is directly on the water and has nice views, I felt it was too crowded, lacked privacy and the food was mediocre. I'm in the same general situation as your Dad, and it's really nice to have your own space and to relax without the hustle and bustle of being directly on the Pine Walk. And many of these apartments are not far from the Pine Walk.