Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By animagic21
  • 1 Post By pollensa
  • 5 Post By sws97sdg
  • 3 Post By animagic21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-2012, 14:14

Default Advice about 4 week rental Jan 2013

We are hoping to spend 4 weeks in PP this Jan. Normally we rent apartments from this site, or Owners Direct. As we are staying longer than our usual 1/2 weeks, is the PP website still our best bet for an economical stay....or would it be better to visit an Estate Agent in the Port when we come over in Oct?
Thanks in advance to anyone who regularly stays for longer periods, but doesn't own their property!
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-08-2012, 14:21
Founder

I cannot comment from experience but you I'm sure that you'll be able to negotiate a good rate direct with any of the private owners. Choose the places that interest you - make sure they have heating & check if they charge extra! - & then name your price & see what happens!
Sparky likes this.
Old 14-08-2012, 14:22

We always rent through here on the forum and I am sure I have seen some places offering longer winter renting, have a look and see.

http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 14-08-2012 at 14:23. Reason: Link added
Old 14-08-2012, 15:17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
We are hoping to spend 4 weeks in PP this Jan. Normally we rent apartments from this site, or Owners Direct. As we are staying longer than our usual 1/2 weeks, is the PP website still our best bet for an economical stay....or would it be better to visit an Estate Agent in the Port when we come over in Oct?
Thanks in advance to anyone who regularly stays for longer periods, but doesn't own their property!
Many owners will i am sure give a discount for a longer, winter stay but as Pollensa said some do charge extra for electricity at that time of year.
I would also advise that you stay fairly close to the Port, it can be very damp in January and February and it is worse on the outskirts which we discovered during our first winter here. We stayed close to the Pollensa Park, the windows were always misted up and we even had some black mould starting to form on external walls. However we have never had this problem in the central apartment we are in now.
Hope this helps with your search .
Old 14-08-2012, 20:42

Thanks for the advice. hopefully we will find somewhere nice in the central area! It will certainly be a learning curve as we've never stayed for such a long time, or in the winter! We're testing the water to see if we still feel the same as we do in the summer and autumn.......Smitten!!!
Old 15-08-2012, 16:03

We came to Pollensa once in the winter and once was enough! Everyone to their own of course but for me it was cold, damp and the bomb had gone off and we hadn't been told! If you know what i mean! It is so very different in the winter and I was so disappointed. The damp just went through me and the fact that everything was boarded up made it depressing. We were there around Christmas time and I was so surprised at the lack of Christmas spirit. Might suit some people but not me. Give me the spring summer autumn anytime but winter time i would rather be at home!
Old 15-08-2012, 16:27

As you say each to there own, we come over in January and loved it, in fact we are back over next year, as you say it is so different the front is quite, you can walk from the port down to Polly Park and back again and not see anyone, that is what we liked.
Most of the local bars and restaurants are open, especially Manduca which true to his work stayed open all through.
More flights on offer this year as well so give it a try, and speaking of testing the water I even swam in the sea!
But get a place with good heating, it did get cold at night!

On island time!!
Old 15-08-2012, 20:18

Smile

Thanks for your views Forum Friends......Really looking forward to visiting out of season as if we DO like it, are going to try to change our lifestyle on a more permanent basis. Hopefully will mean spending the same or more time in PP than England. Have just secured a nice apartment in the central area, with a good discount. Heating is included at no extra cost. Watch this space in Feb 13 when we return!!!
Sparky, Lorenzo and lollipop like this.