Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By clinkham
  • 3 Post By Hotpot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2012, 18:48

Default Las Rosas Siller Has anyone stayed there

Hi have seen this villa advertised with Home and Away rentals and wondered if anybody had stayed there and just how close it is to the port.?
Sponsored Links
Old 16-02-2012, 19:28

Hi Hotpot, yes we stayed at Las Rosas about 7/8 years ago in July/August. Its about a 20 minute stroll to the town using the footpaths, that were there then, to cut through to the main road. You can then walk down to the square etc. You will need a torch as its not very well lit in that area. Its a nice villa but the kitchen did need updating, don't know if this has been done. Also no AC which is a personal choice. The pool was fantastic, huge & beautiful gardens with a lovely bbq next to the pool. Ants were a bit of a problem but that goes for many places in PP. You just have to be tidy & make sure you put all the food away! We had a lovely holiday there & have great memories of 10 year olds jumping in the pool at night & having lilo races while we barbequed. Hope this helps.
Old 26-02-2012, 15:21

Default Las Rosas

Hi Cherylbb, sorry my thanks are so belated but did hope for more replys as this villa has a good amount of booking on it advertisment. Thanks again for the information .
Old 26-02-2012, 23:58

Hi Hotpot, I thought there might be more replies too! I know it is booked up through the summer most years & Daniel, the owner is nice & helpful. I'd like to know what you decide & if you book the villa. As I said we had a great holiday there but its difficult to recommend as people have different tastes & requirements.
Old 23-03-2012, 18:35

Hi cherylbb, I did book this villa but am slightly apprehensive, could you pm me dont like to voice my worries on the forum. thanks Hotpot
Old 24-03-2012, 12:00

Have done
Old 24-03-2012, 19:30

Default Phishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpot View Post
Hi have seen this villa advertised with Home and Away rentals and wondered if anybody had stayed there and just how close it is to the port.?
After reading the Daily Telegraph this morning, I spotted this (see link) in the travel section. It is a warning to everyone to be careful out there. Home and Away (mentioned above) would seem to be innocent in the story - in fact they were able to confirm a phishng attack had occured and take appropriate steps, but too late for the customer making the booking.
There are very clever people out there working hard on scams to part you from your money.
There is loads of advice on this Forum and in other places to advise you of best practice when renting a property - in particular the right and wrong way of parting with your money. Please do your own research and don't become a statistic.
Travel advice: avoid phishing scams; cheap Jubilee accommodation; and cruising in the Aegean - Telegraph
Personally, I'd stick with the selection on pollensa.com - plenty of choice for all tastes, helpful friendly staff: and hangers on, who are always willing to throw in their two'penneth to assist your choice.
Belladonna likes this.
Old 24-03-2012, 22:56

Terrible Cinkham! There are some wicked people out there.
Its always a good idea to speak directly with the owner when booking privately as we did when we booked this villa & I am glad to say that we had no problems.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48

Hotpot...How did you enjoy this villa? I am staying there at the end of August. The pictures certainly look stunning. I am not planning on using a hire car..Is the walk to the port very far?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:54

Default Las Rosas

Hi Rubert. We had a wonderfull time in this villa but I was apprehensive when booking because I could only find one reveiw. The villa or finca for the use of the proper name was great, inside is very nice and comfortable and the seperate annex was a Godsend. The walk to the port is about 15-20 mins but DONT forget your torches there are ones in the villa but we brought our own as we stayed in siller berfore and on our first night we got lost for over an hour, very scary. Las Rosas is easier to find than our first villa but you quickly learn for mistakes. The pool is great but deep so be carefull. The gardens were very nice when we were there and I didnt think the photos lied. Daniel was very attentive, phoning us because we had a few minor problems which he got attended to very quickly. Anything else I can help you with i will be happy to.
Sparky, lollipop and cherylbb like this.