Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2012, 20:57

Default Hotel Mar Calma review

I haven't posted in a while, but just got back and as we stayed at the Mar Calma, thought a review would be helpful.

Its a small modern hotel centrally situated next door to O'Haras and opposite Manduca. The staff are friendly and the service was excellent. We stayed in the suite on the top floor. The views from our large balcony were fantastic. Also on the top floor was a hot tub which we used a couple of times. We stayed B & B and the only negative I can think of is it is a bit tight on space for dining.

All in all a good experience.

PS - Hi to Sparky and Pollensa who we met by chance on our last night.
pollensa and Sparky like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2012, 22:42
Super Moderator

Hi jjacks thanks for the review on the Mar Calma it's good to hear from someone who has stayed there.

Also lovely to meet you and your hubby .
Old 23-07-2012, 08:59

Hi Sparky, it was great to meet you and your lovely other half Colin. It was a shame it was our last night, but the next time we are out we will come along to the Forum Meet.

Jan
Sparky likes this.
Old 25-07-2012, 18:56

Do you mind me asking if it was very expensive. We have been on holiday to Portugal already this year as we were out there for a wedding, but think we can manage ro squeeze a week in our little bit of heaven if we get something reasonable. Thanks
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-08-2012, 18:42

Default Mar calma - open in winter?

Like 'Purpleboots' we're also considering another wee trip out this year, and are wondering whether Mar Calma is open all through the winter, and indeed, if it is decent value for money? We remain loyal to the wonderful Villa Singala (and have already booked three weeks there next July!) but as they close in November Mar Calma seems like a possible alternative for a Christmas/New Year break.

I so love the Port, and Pollensa itself, and am desperate to experience the area out of season, so any opinions re Mar Calma or any other winter accommodation would be greatly appreciated. Now that easyjet are offering flights from Glasgow in December it's just too tempting!

Muchas gracias!
Old 17-08-2012, 19:09
Super Moderator

I think it will be open all year and it can be booked through Late Rooms, follow this link Hotels, Apartments - Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 17-08-2012, 19:18

Thanks for that Sparky!
Mairix
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-08-2012, 15:42

We had 2 evening meals here ... both where lovely and very reasonably priced :-)
Sparky and MairiCladach like this.
Old 19-08-2012, 15:05

I stayed at the Mar Calma at the end of July and was very impressed with both the room and the breakfast . Was considering staying when we re-visit in September but they were fully booked for the date we wanted. Having spoke to the very friendly man at reception he said they plan to open year round as no other hotel in Puerto Pollensa is open we have visited twice for New Year and stayed in Pollensa town where most of the town was open. So would definately recommend giving Mar Calma a try out of season.
Sparky, lollipop and MairiCladach like this.
Old 19-08-2012, 19:25

Mhairi like you I was delighted to discover that for the first time in about 3 years there were going to be flights this winter from Glasgow I have booked for mid November and am staying at the Galeon suites very reasonably priced booked via alpha rooms. I am sure a Mar calms is lovely it certainly looks great and it is great news that any accommodation is open in the winter months but there is actually quite a few places available when I booked via alpha rooms there were 9 places available to stay including Bellamar and Eolo.
Sparky and MairiCladach like this.
Old 19-08-2012, 19:31
Super Moderator

That is good news, lets hope people take advantage of this .
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54
Super Moderator

The Mar Calma will now close at the end of November and will re-open 1st March 2013.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 08-11-2012, 14:41

Default Mar Calma Hotel

We have just returned from a 3 night break staying at the Mar Calma. It was very reasonable (£47.00 per night for a double room) and it is a lovely hotel. We booked on a room only basis as we only have a croissant & coffee for breakfast to save space for lunch and evening meal. The hotel is immaculately clean, staff were friendly (we were wellcomed with a complimentry glass of rose cava and chocolates) flat screen TV in bedroom,air conditioning and a very powerful shower! Best bit for me though was the peaceful roof top sun terrace with hot tub - we used it when it was dark and sat and watched the stars.(towells are provided)
Would definately recommend this hotel out of season but fear it would be a bit too noisey in the Summer Months.

Charlotte
Mark, Sparky, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Old 08-11-2012, 14:48

Very interested to hear that, Charlotte - we only had a drink in the bar but thought it had been done to a very impressive standard - they've certainly spent a lot of money! The drinks prices were reasonable though and gosh, that is an amazing room rate for such a swish hotel!

We did ask if it was open out of season but I'm fairly sure they close in November. Seems a wasted opportunity really, as it is just the sort of place you would go for a winter break, and there are hardly any other hotels open in PP. But presumably they have done their research and it wouldn't be worth it.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:06

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you so much for the time taken to leave your kind comments after your stay at the Mar Calma Hotel!

Kind regards,

Carlos Capllonch