Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 19:40

Default Please help me choose an area in Puerto Pollensa

Hi, have narrowed ita down to 3 villas to choose from but dont know what areas are nicer , are all 3 areas nice?

villa moncho Llenaire

ca na alba El vilar

villa paula Gotmar

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 23:14

would go for LLenaire personally - we just like the area , El Vilar a bit out of town, have stayed next door to Paula, + just up the road, nothing wrong with that area, Llenaire nearer the sea
Belladonna likes this.
Old 09-07-2012, 23:53
Super Moderator

All 3 areas are good but if you want to be close to the Port and it's bars and restaurants Gotmar is about a 15 minute walk, Llenaire about 30 minutes and El Vilar would be better by car.
lollipop likes this.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29

The llenaire villa will probably be on a road back from the sea and quieter , I think Villa Paula is fairly close to the new bypass (which doesn't carry that much traffic) but as Sparky says is probably closer to the beach and the port.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50

Three fantastic looking places in three great areas, you will have a great time which ever you choose. It depends on what type of holiday you are looking for, as people have said the location is the main difference, if you want to be able to walk to the beach , shops or restaurants than villa moncho Llenaire would suit, is you wanted more of a quiet holiday around the pool where you would need to drive to go to the beach , shops or restaurants, then ca na alba El vilar would suit, and what a stunning modernist villa that looks, very jealous if you stay there. And sort of a compromise with the villa paula in Gotmar, not as close to the beach but still walkable to the port, but closer to the country and to Pollensa. As I say you will have a brilliant holiday which ever you choose!
LK1960 and Belladonna like this.

On island time!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22

Hi pudnpik

We stayed in Villa Paula 2years ago and I would say its in an excellent location. It was fantastic, 5 minutes walk to the nearest shops/restaurants and less than 10 minutes to the beach, then a gentle 20 min stroll into the centre of PP. I would not hesitate to recommend it as having the best of both worlds - peaceful yet everything close by. We did not have a car. Hope this helps.
Sparky likes this.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28
Super Moderator

Yes i just did a location search on all three and Villa Paula, Gotmar/Gommar is definitely the closest to the the Port.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 11-07-2012, 17:55

Default villa paula gotmar

thank you so much for your help we have chosen to book villa paula (just about to book) just wondered if anyone knew anything about the generation project in gotmar is it finished was it to build the new bypass and is the villa on top of that!!?? also is this a nice area and a nice villa many thanks :-)
Old 11-07-2012, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes i just did a location search on all three and Villa Paula, Gotmar/Gommar is definitely the closest to the the Port.
Its also closer to go and see John Lynam at the Hideaway!!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-07-2012, 19:00

yes, you must see John, shame Thursdays clashes with tapas route, ( but we did manage both )
Old 11-07-2012, 19:35

The generation project was upgrading the electrics and drains and phase one has been completed. The Villa is not far from the bypass but is in a fairly quiet road. I am sure you will have a good time.
Old 11-07-2012, 20:39

thanks so are there many more phases as we are oing in may 2013 do you think it will all be done by then!? bit worried about the bypass with the noise and kids etc will we have to walk along this to the shops and beach i wonder?? thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 22:29
Super Moderator

Please don't worry, the by-pass is not anything like a motorway and the paths either side are very good. Any regeneration work is usually done between October and May to avoid causing annoyance to tourists .
sws97sdg, LK1960, JMD40 and 2 others like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39

I agree with Sparky and I would think maybe the work won't continue as this year should have been phase 2 and all they have done is put in some more modern lights down one road. As I said earlier the road is not very busy and this villa is on the last stretch with crossings close by
Sparky likes this.
Old 13-07-2012, 13:15

we've stayed in 2 villas 'near' the road, no problems with noise, traffic, pedestrian safety ( other than too much tinto...)
LK1960 and Sparky like this.