Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SimonButlerPhotography

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 22:00

Default Puerto Azul or Villa Concha or Flora apartments

Really struggling to narrow it down from these 3.
We are a family of 4 - 2 adults a 2 year old and 4 month old baby. We want a lovely hotel/apartment with decent, clean rooms with air con. Walking distance to the beach and restaurants.

We are going for 14 nights the first 2 weeks in september.
We have been quoted £1500 approx for Villa concha Self catering, £2000 Flora bed and breakfast and £2150 for puerto Azul half board.

Has to be child friendly accomodation....ideally want to eat out in the evenings and the half board at puerto azul won't necessarily restrict this a few nights each week - but don't know if wasting money paying half board when for £600 cheaper we can go self catering at villa concha and us the £600 towards eating out!!
What does anyone think?!! They are all within budget but as we have never been to majorca could do with some help/advice
Thanks in advance :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 22:39

Hello nicbrev
I would recommend The Flora, fantastic position, 2 mins from the lovely pinewalk. Lovely friendly complex. I went with my two daughters at Easter and we are returning in two weeks time. Rooms are very clean and have everything you need, all the staff were very friendly. I would recommend going self catering as there are lots of lovely restaurants. You will be spoilt for choice. Maybe check out the reviews on Trip Advisor as to where to stay. Wherever you choose I am sure you will have a lovely time.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:08

With a 2 year Old and 4 Month old I would recommend Villa concha Perfect for what you need Enjoy
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48

Had a look at flora reviews, it looks like a fab location but a few people said the pool area is unsuitable for toddlers - lots of steps? is this right?
Old 02-07-2012, 21:26

Last year we stayed at the Flora myself, my daughter and grandson for a long weekend having previously visited the apartments when our son was staying there. I was impressed with the overall standard it is not luxury (we have stayed at a couple of far more luxury apartments on the pine walk) but very well equipped and clean. My grandson was 18 months when we visited last year and there was only one step into the main pool, but then a step off a kind of ledge took you into a very deep part of the pool. It is a family friendly complex and snacks seemed reasonably priced we are going back next month so that is recommendation in itself.
Old 02-07-2012, 23:06

We had a few holidays at Villa Concha with young children and can definitely recommend. Near the beach and bars and restuarants, in a quiet residential area. Also I think that the pool has been refurbished this year.
Old 03-07-2012, 22:35

We have stayed at both Villa Concha and Puerto Azul and I much prefer Villa Concha.

Both have entertainment and if that is your thing then great. It isn't ours and at Villa Concha because the night time entertainment is indoors it is possible to avoid it, especially if you ask for a quiet room like we did. We were able to sit out on our balcony at night and not hear a peep out of the entertainment.

At Puerto Azul the entertainment was outside and no matter where you were in the hotel all you could hear was "entertainment" like a poor covers band blasting out Beatles hits badly. This could be a problem with young children if you want them to go to bed at say 9 as the entertainment went on to 11.

The pool at Villa Concha when we stayed in 2010 was great so if it has been upgraded then it will be even better/
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-07-2012, 14:24

Thank you everyone for your help. Simon - how long does it take to walk from villa concha to the harbour and the restaurants?

Is the weather usually good in September (1st 2 weeks)
Old 04-07-2012, 14:35

We stay close to the Villa Concha, would say takes about 10 mins until you get to marina. Nice walk along beach road the little one will enjoy walking along the wall by the beach. Some nice restaurants closer to the appartments if you turn right on beach road you will see El Ancla turn up at beach bar and you have Golden Lion and Sparrow bar. (Golden Lion do good take away chicken if you fancy quiet meal in). Lovely area
Old 04-07-2012, 14:43

Found this on Google Street view, think its a great way to have a walk around the port! Hope its okay posting link
Google Maps
Old 04-07-2012, 14:44

Sorry didn't work! I entered Villa Concha Puerto Pollensa and the Pine Walk Puerto Pollensa have fun