Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2012, 22:32

Default Have Villa Concha Apartments had a refurb

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help. We are planning our second trip to PP this year and are considering Villa Concha or Daina Apts. On the Villa Concha site it looks as if the rooms have been tarted up a bit and I wondered whether anyone knew whether this was the case.

Many thanks
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Old 15-04-2012, 22:40
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome Lynn, i don't know about the Villa Concha but the Daina Apts have definitely been refurbed .
Old 15-04-2012, 22:43

Thank you. Yes I was aware that Daina has been refurbed and the reviews coming in look good. It was our first choice but not sure the best pool for our soon to be four year old, although I know there is the beach on the door step.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:55

The photos of the rooms on the Villa Concha website look identical to what our room was like when we stayed at the VC in June 2010. So they definitely haven't been refurbed since then!

Last edited by SimonButlerPhotography; 16-04-2012 at 14:29.
Old 16-04-2012, 19:28

Thank you so much Simon. That answers my question then. Makes the decision all the more difficult then...do we pay a bit more and have the refurbished room at Daina Apt's but maybe the pool not being the best for our son or do we go for Villa Concha and risk not being happy with the standard of the rooms......
Old 16-04-2012, 20:14

Was staying in a privately owned apartment last week in the next street to Villa Concha. It was completely shut up, and notices said it was opening in May. There was a tremendous amount of building work going on outside - no evidence of a pool at all - just mounds of earth and large diggers! They will have to work quickly if it is going to be completed by May. The apartments are advertised as being available on April 30th on the Thomas Cook site.

Last edited by Sparky; 16-04-2012 at 20:25. Reason: Possibly offensive comment removed.
Old 16-04-2012, 21:36

I have some friends staying at villa concha 7th to 10th may so I hope they finish building in time. They have however only paid £63 for the room for the 3 nights. Between 2 of them it's for nothing !!!
Old 16-04-2012, 21:51
Super Moderator

The pool at the Daina is also being renovated at the moment . Lets hope they are both ready for May.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:01
Banned

The Daina pool was fully tiled and filled with water when I left PP yesterday.

It looked like new framework had been erected for the bar and the wicker sofa's were being put back into position so it should be open any time now I'd say.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
I have some friends staying at villa concha 7th to 10th may so I hope they finish building in time. They have however only paid £63 for the room for the 3 nights. Between 2 of them it's for nothing !!!
Who have they booked with that seems a very good deal.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
The Daina pool was fully tiled and filled with water when I left PP yesterday.

It looked like new framework had been erected for the bar and the wicker sofa's were being put back into position so it should be open any time now I'd say.
The bar was lovely last year it was our favourite place. Dis the pool look like it would be anymore suitable for children?
Old 16-04-2012, 22:11
Super Moderator

Nick that just proves how quickly work gets done here when needed, a couple of weeks ago it was a building site .
Old 16-04-2012, 22:16
Banned

Indeed Sparky. They tiled and filled it damned quick !!!

I'm sure it's child friendly the pool? I think there's a paddling pool bit as you go in isn't there? I may be wrong. It's not been altered atall, just smartened up. Looks a lot less like a municipal pool now with those nice mosaic tiles.

It is a great place to sit for a "sundowner" !!!

Hic, hic...............
Sparky and Lyndyloo12 like this.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:29

So wish I could decide which to book. I think we would prefer the modern style of the Daina. Has anyone seen them inside since they have been refurbed? We would have to book a studio for the three of us.
Old 17-04-2012, 22:25

I live just along from Villa Concha and they are revamping the whole pool area although not sure why. They only started work about 2 weeks ago which is rather strange. The apartments have not been refurbished however as you know the Daina apartments have and to an excellent standard. The Villa concha has lovely gardens and pool area and is in quieter area compared to the Daina Apartments. It goes down to location I think. At the end of the day you are unlikely to spend much time in the actual apartment so
Do you want to be in the very centre of the resort? Do you love the sea front position of the excellent Daina pool or would you be happier in the family friendly quieter location of Villa Concha. Its a great place to stay as so quiet at night, 5 mins walk to beach, 10mins walk to the centre of town......Daina has fab sea views from the pool and both complexes have entertainment a couple of nights a week.
Sparky likes this.