Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 3 Post By URI
  • 6 Post By Baron de Lay
  • 3 Post By anne10aber
  • 2 Post By tibbles
  • 2 Post By pollensa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-04-2012, 14:52

Default renting private accomodation

Hi,

I think we have decided to rent a private apartment which we have never done before. Can anyone advise me of anything we need to be asking before putting a deposit down?

Lynn
Sponsored Links
Old 29-04-2012, 19:56

We have rented 3 from this website and the 2 prior to this year were fantastic and we have very high expectations for this year as well. My advice would be always speak to the owner first, ask about local facilities to the apartment, google the apartment name to see if any feedback is logged anywhere by previous clients. You usually can tell once speaking to the owner if its right for you.
Good luck, I am sure you will find the perfect place.
pollensa, anne10aber and Sparky like this.
Old 30-04-2012, 19:44

Great advice there from URI.

As the owner of an apartment that we rent out myself, I can confirm that a personal conversation is always the best reassurance that you will be staying in the accommodation you expect when you arrive. I'm more than happy to chat to a prospective guest and answer any queries that he or she may have, email photos & maps etc. From my point of view, I like to get to know who I'm allowing to stay in my apartment as well.

It's that personal touch that you get by renting privately that you may miss when booking through a company.

Very best of luck in finding somewhere just right for you.
debz1, anne10aber, Sparky and 3 others like this.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11

We have rented 6 times independantly and have enjoyed every rental. We found that all owners were very helpful and all apartments were as described. Once we rented via the estate agent and that went well also. All our rentals have came from PuertoPollensa.com. I think that the real community that is felt via the forum gives me comfort on what we choose. Good luck and you will never go back to the package market!
debz1, sws97sdg and Sparky like this.
Old 01-05-2012, 13:59

we have rented 6 villas in PP, Villa Plus, Solmar, Hoseasons and 3 private rentals. All for large family groups 9-14 Nothing to complain about , except value for money, from company rentals but the personal touch and contact with private owners made such a difference ,although now we visit as a couple, we realise how much easier it is to have b&b no shopping and struggling back to our villa in the heat and it was hard work keeping everyone happy and well fed - more of a holiday for me now and certainly cheaper in every respect but do understand why families rent villas as we did . Tibbles good luck and happy holiday
JMD40 and eleanor like this.
Old 01-05-2012, 15:29
Founder

Hi LindyLoo as has been suggested above, do try & talk to the owners if they are UK based. If you are interested in any of the ones on our site Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca), you can always contact us & see if we have any more information.

Although we cannot guarantee any of our adverts & may not have seen the properties, I can tell you that since we have been up & running (in 2001!), we have never received any major complaints. Occasionally there are a few misunderstandings about where to get the key etc. & guests only realise the day before travelling! So do make sure that you have a local contact number for when you arrive - either for the owner themselves or often their agent/management company.

The majority of our properties now have a location map too which I hope is reassuring (but don't rely on it for detailed directions!) so if a property you are looking at does not have one, do ask for more information and be wary if it is not forthcoming.

I hope that helps!
Sparky and URI like this.