Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-2012, 19:26

Default Does anyone know Tamarells apartments in the El pinaret area

Hi,

We are looking at two private apartements and wondered if anyone has either stayed or knew of them The first is at Tamarells Gardens which is in the El Pinaret area. the second is called The sparrow by I think the Sparrow pub looking at google maps.

Thanks
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2012, 08:42

Tamarells are indeed in Pinaret about 5 mins from the beach. I have a friend who has a one bedroom one. They have a small pool and garden area and are light and airy on corridors,but there is no lift so a bit of a climb with cases if on 2nd floor. Probably quieter in the road than the one by the Sparrow as that is not far from Pollensa Park.
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-04-2012, 13:23

Hi, we're coming out in a couple of weeks to complete on buying one of the apartments at Tamarells You don't say if you're looking at renting or buying but certainly Tamarells is a lovely block, active and efficient community (owners association) and very well maintained pool and garden area. It's about 5 mins walk from the beach. We also know someone who rents out a couple of apartments there. All apartments are the same size and have one bedroom and a balcony. Some are lived in and others rented out as holiday lets. Don't know the other apartment block you mention, sorry!

Hope this is useful and good luck!
Old 18-04-2012, 19:21

Tamarells are great apartments. Well I would think so as I own one of the ground floor apartments and have done since they first came on the market. We are lucky enough to get out there on a very regular basis. If I can help in any way especially if you are buying then drop me a private message. Mark.
Old 18-04-2012, 21:11

Thank you all for your reply. We are looking to rent an apartment in August and had come across the complex but were not sure where it was or what it was like and were a little apprehensive about booking without any information about the surrounding area and complex. It sounds lovely. We would be on the 2nd floor and my only worry would be my son making it up with us trying to manage all the cases etc. DEfinately food for thought. Could any of you advise what it is like to get space around the pool in August and is there a child's pool?
Old 19-04-2012, 20:50

Hi Lindyloo
There isn't a lift but the stairs are quite shallow (if you know what I mean) and wide. There is a little child's pool adjacent to the main one. There are plenty of sunbeds and it should be fine even in August. The pool is very sheltered.
Hope this helps.
Old 19-04-2012, 20:52

MAG - as mentioned in a previous post, we're out at the beginning of May to complete on a first floor apartment, really excited about it, love the apartments hope to meet you sometime!
Old 19-04-2012, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks View Post
MAG - as mentioned in a previous post, we're out at the beginning of May to complete on a first floor apartment, really excited about it, love the apartments hope to meet you sometime!
Hi Longshanks, When you say the pool is sheltered does it get the sun?

Thanks
Lindyloo
Old 19-04-2012, 22:50

I can confirm the pool does get the sun but it is fairly quiet and very pleasant. In the street behind is the villa concha and you may also use their facilities. Like most places all they generally ask is that you buy a drink.
Old 19-04-2012, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
I can confirm the pool does get the sun but it is fairly quiet and very pleasant. In the street behind is the villa concha and you may also use their facilities. Like most places all they generally ask is that you buy a drink.
Oh we had thought about the villa concha as a hotel to stay at, could you give any opinion on what its like. We didnt pick the best place last year to stay in so are taking our time and researching this year before booking.
Old 20-04-2012, 14:39

Hi Lyndyloo

I also own an apartment in Tamarells and spend all of the 6 week school holidays there and can confirm that you do get the sun most of the day on the pool. The pool is actually quite small with only 12 beds I think and does actually get crowded during July and August.

Villa Concha is obviously a much bigger complex and more suited to families than couples I would say. There is a bar, entertainment in the evenings, kids club and proper kids pool with slides etc added this year .
Old 23-04-2012, 14:07

Hi Lindyloo
Sorry haven't replied but have been away in France for a long weekend. Anyway I see MAG has answered, I'm sure you'll make the right choice this time and have a fab holiday!
Old 27-04-2012, 15:31

Hiya,
Was just reading these posts with interest as my family and I are staying in an apartment directly opposite the villa concha for 2 weeks in June. We stayed at the same apartment last year and was told by the owner that we could use the v concha's swimming pool, as the apartment doesn't have a pool.
But when we went into the hotel, the man on reception advised that we were not allowed to use the pool due to 'health and safety reasons'. He said that because we weren't staying there, if any of us had a fall and hurt ourselves, they would be liable??!
Our daughter is 3 and although she likes the sea, it is nice to have a bit of variety. We ended up taking her to Laguna, but it was a bit of a trek with all the bags and towels!

Does anyone know if this 'situation' has changed, or is it more of a case of 'going and buying a drink and having a dip?!'
Thank you.
Old 27-04-2012, 22:54
Banned

They may well have a point re insurance in particular.

Always best to ask for the duty manager for an answer rather than someone behind reception. Obviously no problem with other staff but they certainly won't be as qualified to give you an answer.

Hope that helps.
Old 27-04-2012, 23:21
Super Moderator

I don't know the legal side of this but always assumed that if you bought drinks or food you became a customer, so you would be covered by the insurance .
ray likes this.