Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By jat
  • 1 Post By LK1960
  • 1 Post By jat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2012, 12:12

Default Daina apartments

Hi all,
The Daina apartments have been undergoing a refurbishment and we were the first clients to stay in our apt 41 on the 09 April to 13 April , booked on the hoposa website. There are 2 , 2 bed apts on the top floor and we stayed in one of them. They are very nice indeed. Modern bathroom with great shower, 2 very big bedrooms, each with large flat screen TV on wall, also one in living area which came in handy as we had some dodgy weather on a couple of evenings. Beautiful decor throughout and a very large balcony accessed from the 2 bedrooms . I was impressed , as we usually stay in private apts booked from this site and was not expecting alot for our price of 264 Euros, which in my opinion was a bargain.
The 3 of us enjoyed staying in the centre of things for a change and would certainley make a return visit to these apartments.
Regards jat
LK1960, Sparky and JMD40 like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-04-2012, 13:36

Thanks for posting this review jat. I stayed in the Daina hotel last Easter and was very impressed with the refurb and also enjoyed being right in the centre at that time of year. It's good to know the apartments have been refurbished to a high standard too and I'm especially interested to hear that there are some 2 bed apts as well. You certainly got a bargain
Sparky likes this.
Old 16-04-2012, 22:00

HI LK1960,
I would be interested to know if you saw or stayed in the 1 bed apartment. My mum and dad stay in the Daina Hotel int he penthouse rooms on the top floor, but now with the refurb they would like to try the apts.
Do you know if the shower is almost flat to the ground like the 2 bed apt or is it over a bath ? also do you know if there is a kitchen table and chairs and a sofa ?
I saw into a studio which looked very nice for 2 people, but it only has a breakfast bar with 2 high stools and no sofa to relax on, which would not be suitable for my parents with mobility issues .
This is another reason why they would like to try somewhere new, as the hotel rooms do not have a comfortable chair to sit on , just balcony furniture and loungers.
Any info would be gratefully recieved.
Regards jat
Old 19-04-2012, 17:53

Is there any road noise from these apartments? Ive stayed at the Maricel just down the road in an apartment that overlooked the road and the road noise from the bin men in the mornings (4am) was terrible!!
Old 19-04-2012, 20:41

HI micrho,
The bedrooms in the 2 bed apts are on the side of the road, but we did not hear any traffic noise as such ,but yes the bottle / bin collection was quite loud, although it did not bother us.
There was one thing though, the noise from people outside a bar on 3 of the nights, almost opposite ,is it km zero, I forget, but it did all quieten down between 11.30 and 12.00 . That did annoy us a bit as it was difficult to get to sleep. But as my husband pointed out that we are early to bed with our son and most people maybe wouldn`t be in bed by 10.30 on holiday.
In saying this I would stay here again. Hope this is useful.
REGARDS JAT
Micrho likes this.
Old 20-04-2012, 20:49

Great thanks

Micrho