Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57

Default Corfu apts

Hi
We have booked the Corfu apartments on the bellresguard complex.
Our party consists of me and my husband, our almost 3rd old (when we go) and 2 grandparents?
Have I made a good choice? Im nervous now being the organiser!
Does any know how the pool sharing works? Are they very busy?
We have paid our deposit and now have to pay the full balance when we arrive in cash- I've never done it like that before- is that usual?
Sorry for all the questions- 1st time on here !
Many thanks x
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08

Hi Booble

Dont think you need to worry - we've stayed at Bellresguard and it is a lovely complex with nice garden areas. We stayed at the Pegasus apts but am sure that your choice will be just as good There are several pools, but it was October when we went and we didnt bother with the pool anyway, but I'm sure there wont be any problems

On the cash payment - we did this last year (not at Bellresguard) and it did seem strange I must admit and we had never come across this arrangement before. We were a bit dubious about carrying such a large amount in the hand luggage! But it worked out ok although we did insist on a written receipt. I wonder if it is some sort of 'tax dodge'?

Have a lovely holiday
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27

Get yourself a FairFX card better than carrying cash.
Travel Money Card - Best Exchange Rates - FairFX Currency Card
Old 10-04-2011, 11:55

You have made a great choice the pool is ideal for a toddler as it is very shallow at 1 end . It does get deeper of course but a 3 year old would always be supervised so this won't be a problem
The apartment pool ratio is pretty Low and even in July I would be amazed if you found more than 4 or 5 families using the pool at the same time

Corfu is a great choice for all generations I am sure you will have a Lovelly time
Old 10-04-2011, 14:26
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booble View Post
We have paid our deposit and now have to pay the full balance when we arrive in cash- I've never done it like that before- is that usual?
Sorry for all the questions- 1st time on here !
Many thanks x
Yes, this is very common amongst our local owners. All I can say is, & I don't know if you found the apartment through our site Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca), that we have been advertising properties on behalf of owners & agents since 2001 & many appear to have those payment terms & we have never been advised of this causing any issues. I do get contacted regularly by potential guests & hopefully I can reassure them that it does appear to be the norm with local owners. It does also save on bank charges for transfers.

I hope that helps!
Old 10-04-2011, 16:25

Thanks to everyone for their replies.
I'm so excited now , definitely think I've made the right choice.
Thanks again x
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Get yourself a FairFX card better than carrying cash.
Travel Money Card - Best Exchange Rates - FairFX Currency Card
Better still use a travelex cash passport card as they dont charge any ATM fees as the one above does .....as they say every little helps!!
Old 06-02-2012, 20:50

Default Corfu apartment

Hi Booble we hv also booked Corfu apt and nervous like you so if we can help each other with info great. All looks ok so far we are going July.