Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By keenholidayfan
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-2012, 17:53

Default Hotels that stay open all year round

Does anyone know which hotels in Puerto Pollensa remain open all year round, or at least until the end of November. All hotel sites I have looked at don't take bookings past the first Saturday in November.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-01-2012, 20:29
Super Moderator

I am afraid none of the hotels are open after the end of October but i believe one or two in Pollensa might.
Old 29-01-2012, 20:55
Super Moderator

I just did a quick search on Alpharooms and the L' hostal, Son San Jordi and the Juma are open.

Last edited by Sparky; 29-01-2012 at 21:01. Reason: Added info.
Old 29-01-2012, 21:31

The Hotel Illa d´Or has the longest season at present, closing mid november to mid february usually. The Galeon plans to be open all year when it re-opens in March.
As Sparky says Pollensa has a couple of small hotels which remain open although i thought Juma was closed?
Old 29-01-2012, 21:35
Super Moderator

I don't know JMD, like i said i just did a quick check on Alpharooms for November 2012 onwards and they showed availability for the three i mentioned.

Last edited by pollensa; 29-01-2012 at 21:44.
Old 30-01-2012, 02:02

Default Hotels open all year

Although it's only small, Pension Bellavista in Carrer des Monges, is fine for stays in Puerto Pollensa during the winter.
The last time I spoke to Coloma she said that she was staying open all year.
Old 30-01-2012, 09:53

Hotel Juma was shut up when we were over for St Antoni, when exactly did you want to go? Lots of apartments advertised here are available through the whole year, take a look here Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

On island time!!
Old 05-02-2012, 16:29

Sorry, I did unthinkable to ask a question and then not revisit the forum for a week. Thanks for everyone’s help. I have a significant birthday the 2nd Saturday in November and really wanted to have dinner out in Puerto Pollensa and then walk back to a local hotel rather than having to get a taxi into town. Being November we only wanted to stay a couple of nights in Puerto Pollensa and probably spend the remainder of the break in Sineu or Palma, most apartments, if open, will only let for a week minimum. I looked into the Illa d´Or, but the latest they are open is the night before my Brithday. I guest one option would be to celebrate a week early, but I’m not so keen on that.
Old 05-02-2012, 16:49
Super Moderator

In which case Lorenzo's suggestion of the Pension Bellavista, here is a link Pensión Bellavista |||| Hostal Port de Pollença |||| Hostal Puerto de Pollensa |||| Mallorca |||| Balears |||| Baleares |||| España |||| Spain |||| really would be your only option. It is a shame but as i said before no PP hotels will be open in November 2012 .

Last edited by Sparky; 05-02-2012 at 16:52.
Old 05-02-2012, 17:37

Thanks for that I’ve just looked the link you sent and also on Streetview and it looks really nice and a lot cheaper than the Illa d´Or too – leaving more cash for the Birthday Dinner!!!
Sparky and Lorenzo like this.
Old 05-02-2012, 18:35

Default Hotels open in winter

I'm happy to say that I've stayed in Pension Bellavista at various times and it's really nice.

The lovely lady who runs the place, Coloma, has managed to do the place up and installed smart wet room showers in all rooms. All rooms are spick and span and have very comfy beds. Coloma has also managed to retain lots of the building's traditional features and combined them with some wonderful artwork.

The best rooms IMO are the ones that have access to the roof terrace so maybe worth asking for one of those.

The gardens are lovely and if you go back in the Spring/Summer there is a wonderful restaurant there as well.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 07-02-2012, 00:01

The Hotel Villa Singala is scheduled to stay open until 10th November. The Pollensa Fair is usually held around that time of the year also so you could combine your birthday celebrations with the annual fair which is a lovley 2 day event.
Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy your birthday.
Old 08-02-2012, 15:39

Thank you – now we’re spoilt for choice (excellent reviews on Tripadvisor). November isn’t a bad time to have a birthday after all!
Old 08-02-2012, 23:27

The Galeon Suites in Llenaire will be open in November next year also and the lovely Hotel Son San Jordi in Pollensa is also available. Birthday in November is excellent, mine is at Xmas and that really is not good news as no-one around or free to celebrate it, or remember it!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
I'm happy to say that I've stayed in Pension Bellavista at various times and it's really nice.

The lovely lady who runs the place, Coloma, has managed to do the place up and installed smart wet room showers in all rooms. All rooms are spick and span and have very comfy beds. Coloma has also managed to retain lots of the building's traditional features and combined them with some wonderful artwork.

The best rooms IMO are the ones that have access to the roof terrace so maybe worth asking for one of those.

The gardens are lovely and if you go back in the Spring/Summer there is a wonderful restaurant there as well.
Although we have never stayed at the hotel - we can certainly vouch for the restaurant - its one of our top favourites with delicious, imaginative veggie dishes