Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   euromallorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/8311-euromallorca.html)

smanson 11-01-2012 22:24

euromallorca

Hi

I'm looking to book my fourth trip back to puerto pollensa this August for a party of 9, we have seen a villa on the internet via an agent euromallorca/alex bet.

Being slightly cautious about booking over the internt, just wanted to check if anyone has heard of them or has used them before and their experiences

many thank for any responses that will give me piece of mind :)

cumberland8 12-01-2012 12:58

As I have mentioned before most Mallorcan letting company's prefer to deal in cash, initially you may have to send a deposit (bank transfer) with the rest paid in the folding stuff on arrival at Villa,I have rented off 20 odd firms over the years on this basis with no problems.
This is not as daft as it first seems with over a 1500 cases across Europe of people paying for property's with credit cards in full , turning up at destination, only to find property does not exist.We have now met 3 families in the Port who have been caught out.I`m sure you have all heard similar cases.
So make sure you carry out due dilligence.

pollensa 12-01-2012 13:29

Dealing in cash as pointed out above is common.

However I would suggest that if anyone is looking to book over the internet you do also contact the advertiser by telephone and ensure that you have a contact number for when you arrive.

If you are booking via a Rental Site - do check the website for full company details including an address (as we have Holiday Webs - Contact Us Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

If you are booking via this site Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) then you can always contact us and request more information such as how long the advertiser has advertised with us etc. The majority of our properties now have a location map as well.

As for Euromallorca - they did advertise with us but chose not to renew - so I have no further information but we have had no adverse reports. I would make sure in the first instance that you contact them by telephone as well as email and ask for full location details of the properties etc.

I hope that helps.

xiaobaishen 18-05-2012 00:34

smanson,

I am having the same question about this, as never used this company. Have you eventually checked out whether this is a real company?

Baron de Lay 19-05-2012 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cumberland8 (Post 67097)
As I have mentioned before most Mallorcan letting company's prefer to deal in cash, initially you may have to send a deposit (bank transfer) with the rest paid in the folding stuff on arrival at Villa,I have rented off 20 odd firms over the years on this basis with no problems.
This is not as daft as it first seems with over a 1500 cases across Europe of people paying for property's with credit cards in full , turning up at destination, only to find property does not exist.We have now met 3 families in the Port who have been caught out.I`m sure you have all heard similar cases.
So make sure you carry out due dilligence.

With respect, if you pay by bank transfer you have no comeback at all if the property you've rented either doesn't match what you've been advised, or (heaven forbid) doesn't exist. At least if you've paid by credit card then you've got redress against the credit card company.

I met a couple a few years ago who'd paid in full by bank transfer, only to find that the property they'd 'rented' was privately owned by a Spanish lady, who had no idea what they were on about when they arrived at the door.

ALWAYS phone and speak to the owner or company in advance of travelling. As has been advised, a quick trawl around the web and a few questions asked on forums such as this will usually highlight the scam artists. Thankfully the numbers of these are vastly outnumbered by honest individuals and companies, so don't be put off the idea of renting - just use a little diligence.

Always remember the old saying..... If it seems a bit too good to be true - It usually is!

JMD40 19-05-2012 12:58

This is very true and I do always recommend that clients pay for their accommodation by credit card for this very same reason. Some still prefer to pay by bank transfer or part cash but 99% pay with credit cards. Debit cards do not carry the same security.

cumberland8 19-05-2012 15:49

Remember it can take along time to get your money back off a card & under no circumstances use Pay Pal to secure a holiday, if you don't already know, put Pay Pal complaints into Google & it will become fairly obvious.

acm528 26-08-2012 15:30

BEWARE Euromallorca

We booked a villa through Euromallorca AlexBet and will never again. The description on his website was inaccurate - we phoned him immediately to say there was no DVD or CD Hifi and he said he would sort it out. After several calls nothing was done so we had 2 weeks with no music or films (Tv was just Spanish and German). On the leaving day he apologised and said he it was a mistake on his website which he has now corrected. i have checked his website today (3 weeks later) and it hasn't been changed.
Additionally, the villa was infested with ants and guess this was because it was just very unclean.
We will never go through this agent again. We have been to villas in Pollensa 6 times and always booked direct with owners before - will go back to doing this.

eleanor 26-08-2012 16:12

I have no idea who this company Euromallorca is but with reference to your post I do think it is quite harsh for a judgement to be made based on no dvd or cd and the fact that there were ants.

We are talking Mallorca here and frankly there ARE ants! Had you said rats then of course that may be different! Ants are a problem and as hard as we fight them it is a battle still to be won.

As far as a DVD or CD is concerned then again in my opinion this alone is not enough to blacken a name. It might be important to you but in the big scheme of things .....? Most rental companies rely on a third party and therefore another good reason to go direct and deal with the owner. If it is stated that a dvd and cd is available then rightly you have cause for redress. There may be a good reason that this was a problem on your visit and to be fobbed off is certainly not acceptable. BUT I do think to state on a forum that this and ants are a good reason to boycott a company name is somewhat over the top and could be classed as unfair. It would be good to hear from Euromallorca so ALex Bet get responding!

Sparky 26-08-2012 16:36

I agree with the fact that if accomodation is advertised as providing certain equipment then it should be provided and this issue should be rectified.
However on the point about ants, please believe me it has nothing to do with cleanliness. We have had a very long hot and dry spell, this always means the ants will be out in force and as soon as you get rid of one army another comes marching along, they are very annoying but it really is a fact of life in hot climates, the same goes for mozzies :mad:.

eleanor 26-08-2012 16:43

I agree with Sparky - ants are a real problem and they are able to get anywhere (as they do here in the UK too!!) cleanliness isn't the problem but isn't helped by food or drink being left out! If you were to drop just a small piece of food or a drip of drink you will have thousands of ants within minutes! Therefore it is down to everyone to be aware of this and to be careful! Just wait until a sprinkling of rain comes along and then the complaint will be the mozzies! They will be having a wonderful time living off people after such a hot dry summer!