Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Anyone know of a villa for 4 Aug 2012 with a Monday or Tuesday changeover? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/8198-anyone-know-villa-4-aug-2012-monday-tuesday-changeover.html)

Jimgj 24-11-2011 21:03

Anyone know of a villa for 4 Aug 2012 with a Monday or Tuesday changeover?

Not just trying to be cheapskates with the flights, I have got tickets for London Olympics opening or closing ceremony as a competition prize but won't find out until next year which date we are going. Only way we can fit 2 weeks in Pollensa in the school hols without clashing with any of the possible Olympic date is if we find a Monday or Tuesday changeover. Ideally want a villa with pool or appartment Pollensa town, Port Pollensa or within a couple of miles.

Sparky 24-11-2011 21:11

Hi Jim welcome to the forum. Have a look at the links below, even if it says Sat-Sat some owners are willing to be flexible when they can.

Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca

Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca Holidays - Travel Companies

SENOR CIGAR 25-11-2011 20:18

Jimgj,
Tried to send a private message but these are not permitted whilst under moderation.
Please email me: michael@michaeledmunds.com with a contact number.
I know someone who will be able to help you.
The Senor

El Gordo 26-11-2011 09:32

http://www.michaeledmonds.com/
I know its off topic but nice paintings Senor!! Can't resist looking at peoples websites when they have one!!:cool:

Which beach in PP inspires you?? I dont normally bother with the beach with such dazzling mountains!!;)

SENOR CIGAR 26-11-2011 12:50

GL
Sorry,wrong person.The only painting I do is with a large tub of immulsion!!
I have a U in my name not an O.
The Senor

pollensa 26-11-2011 13:13

To get back on track - another option that you can consider if you prefer to fly on a different day during the peak season is to book your favourite property for 2 weeks Sat-Sat, accept that you will either arrive a day or so late or leave early (do tell the owner!) & stay in a hotel for a day or so at the beginning or end. We've done that & there have been a few discussions on this on the forum.

We have flown on a Friday & stayed in Can Pastilla near the airport, rented a villa for a week Sat-Sat & then extended our stay in Banyabulfar on the West, as an example.

eleanor 26-11-2011 16:23

I feel sure that if you were to contact any of the properties you find of interest some will be prepared to negotiate on the days of arrival. The problem may well be the month you wish to visit of course. To change a day of arrival may cause the renter to lose a whole week of booking.
There are some like us that prefer to cater for a Tuesday to Tuesday arrival as it becomes a little easier for the housekeeper and cleaner.
Best to contact the owners directly as you may well be lucky!

El Gordo 26-11-2011 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SENOR CIGAR (Post 66105)
GL
Sorry,wrong person.The only painting I do is with a large tub of immulsion!!
I have a U in my name not an O.
The Senor

WHOOPS!! :o and sorry Zelda for going off topic.

roig cat 28-11-2011 15:41

I think Villa Parade do Tuesday arrivals?

JMD40 02-12-2011 22:28

Hello there,
Several of the villas on my webpage will do Monday or Tuesday arrivals. Take a look and contact me if you are interested in any of them. Failing that Zeldas option is an excellent one which has always been successful when organised for other clients. A couple of days in Pto Andratx and then a week in Puerto Pollensa as an example. Well done for winning the competion. Lucky you.

Jimgj 03-12-2011 09:35

Thanks for all the replies

Thank you to all those who have replied with ideas, advice and links. The forum has worked well and we have now got some execellent options to consider for next year's holiday. :)