Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2011, 18:15

Default capri hotel

does anyone know if the hotel capri is up and running as i have booked a room for april and can get no sense out of my agent and cant seem to book anywhere else so beginning to smell a rat have tried ringing hotel directly but to no avail but may be wrong number thanx pat <the newby>
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2011, 13:21
Founder

Is anyone who is currently in PP able to comment on whether the Capri is opening this year as I have had an email who has booked through an online booking site but cannot contact them either. Thanks.
Old 18-04-2011, 13:39
Super Moderator

I have tried the phone number given on here and got no answer, there is a different number in the 2010/11 yellow pages so i rang that and got a message giving a different number but the woman is speaking so fast that i can't get it down.
Old 18-04-2011, 15:21

one of my pal had book the capri for june ,but have been told it will be shut for refurbishment and they got transfered to the sispins , so they got told
when they were there last week ,as they haddnt heard anything either so went in to see them
Old 18-04-2011, 19:45

The Capri is in the middle of a major revamp( asit is from time to time at this time of the year)last year it was new air con, but they always seem to get it sorted in time
Old 19-04-2011, 08:49

From Ultima Hora today. Concern over the closure of two hotels in Puerto Pollensa, the Galeon and Capri. The article suggests that because of building works the Capri won't be opening this season and nor will Galeon because of ownership issues.
Old 19-04-2011, 11:17
Banned

Bad news......I just love sitting on their pontoon (Capri) with a beer late afternoon. Gonna miss that...... : - (
Old 20-04-2011, 18:18
Banned

Re the Capri hotel, does anyone know if the refurbishment extends to the cafe bar bit and the pontoon or is it just the hotel side?

Cheers.
Old 20-04-2011, 22:56

Oh no, that is really worrying news. Just over a month ago I booked to stay in the Capri for a week in August. I booked with lowcostholidays.com who I have since discovered don't have a good reputation if things go wrong (well, if my google searches can be believed). This thread has me seriously worried...

What should I do? Should I contact lowcostholidays?
Old 20-04-2011, 23:55

Yes, I would as soon as possible.

According to today's Bulletin . Hotel Galeon will not be opening this season and I quote " Hotel Capri will stay shut for major refurbishment" This implies from the article for this season but doesn't specifically state that.

Don't know Low Cost Holidays but that should be your first port of call.Presumably they are covered under some sort of Trading Association guarantees like ABTOL or ABTA ??

Your contract is with them and they have a legal duty to provide what they have contracted for or either offer an acceptable alternative or full refund.

Good luck

BonysLad
Old 21-04-2011, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Yes, I would as soon as possible.

According to today's Bulletin . Hotel Galeon will not be opening this season and I quote " Hotel Capri will stay shut for major refurbishment" This implies from the article for this season but doesn't specifically state that.

Don't know Low Cost Holidays but that should be your first port of call.Presumably they are covered under some sort of Trading Association guarantees like ABTOL or ABTA ??

Your contract is with them and they have a legal duty to provide what they have contracted for or either offer an acceptable alternative or full refund.

Good luck

BonysLad
Thanks BonysLad.

After a long and pretty useless call to lowcostholiday's Indian call centre (where the lady denied any knowledge that the Capri was shut) I spoke to someone in the UK who confirmed that it is shut and will be shut when I was due to stay there in August.

They gave me an offer of 2 alternative hotels, one in Cala San Vicente (nice, but not PP!) and the Habitat Apartments which although in PP is a bit too far away from the Pinewalk for my liking So I asked for a refund and they promised to credit my card today.

Next up was the difficult task of finding a replacement hotel with such a great Pinewalk location, a room with a sea view, good reviews and such a great low price. Pretty soon it became obvious that was impossible so in the end I booked my son and I a room in the Valentín Puerto Azul Aparthotel. I am now happy (and so is my son) that we have somewhere to stay in PP and it looks like a lovely place from the sound of it too.

It is a shame because as soon as I had booked the sea view room at the Capri I was on the balcony sipping a glass of wine in my head. But I am sure we will have just as nice a time at the Puerto Azul; it is only a couple of roads back from the Pinewalk after all!
Old 21-04-2011, 22:15

Simon,

So glad you are sorted albeit at not quite what you were expecting with sea views etc.

It really does beg the question though how an Hotel who knows full well that it will not be opening this season can be marketed and put good people through such stress and worry ?

According to today's Bulletin " bookings are up a massive 70 percent compared with this time last year ,according to lowcostholidays.com ,one of the top 10 travel websites in the UK "

Well , if your experience of one of the UK's Top ten is as you describe then God help those who are dealing with those Co's that don't reach these dizzy heights !!

Just hope that increased demand doesn't lead to increased complacency in treating tourists so desperately needed by the Majorcan economy.

Everybody has bemoaned the lack of tourists in recent years but given the opportunity the Tourist Industry has to get it's act in order.

Rant over

BonysLad
Old 21-04-2011, 22:59

Thanks BonysLad.

Yes, I know, it beggars belief that is how they treat their customers. They knew full well that the hotel was closed but they waited for me to tell them rather than the other way around.

Thank god for this forum - without it who knows what might have happened. Perhaps me and my lad would have turned up in August to half rebuilt hotel full of builders, asked where our room was and the workmen pointing to the room at the front without a window or roof!

So thank you to everyone who posted on here. You have saved a 10 year old boy's holiday from being a disaster! Plus made this 39 year old pretty happy too!
Old 22-04-2011, 00:12
Super Moderator

Simon i am so glad your story had a happy ending and i hope you and your son have a wonderful holiday.
Old 22-04-2011, 10:32

Thumbs up

I'm very pleased to hear that too Simom.....just awful to think they can take bookings for something they can't deliver. Your gorgeous little son will be so looking forward to it.....is he planning anymore scuba diving this year? Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos.