Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-2011, 18:22

Default What a disappointment! Oro Playa

Hi, can anyone help with this please?

My son was due to go to the Oro Playa on Monday, but the tour company have
just 'phoned him to say it has closed today (!) and he has to go somehwere at the other end of town. He's devastated, especially as it gives him no time to look round. He had phoned the Oro Playa earlier in the week, and they said they were full next week, so what's happened?

He's been offered the Montelin or Villa Concha, but thinks they're out of town. Can anyone help with their location and how far out of the centre?

Thanks for any any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-09-2011, 18:44
Super Moderator

Oh dear not again, i am afraid they did this last year supposedly because they were going to refurb the place.
The Montelin and Villa Concha are in Pinaret behind the Guardia Civil barracks, about a 10 minute stroll into the square so not too far out.
Old 15-09-2011, 19:06

Thats really bad news for your son But some friends of ours went to Villas Concha a few years ago and said it was brilliant - so some good news I hope he has a great time.
Old 15-09-2011, 19:29

I'm sure your son will be pleased to stay at the Villa Concha. Pinaret is a lovely area just a 10 minute stroll to the centre of town, about 3 minutes to the lovely beach and 5 minutes to the start of the seafront shops and restaurants. The watersports are very close too.
Many people holidaying in the Port actually request the Pinaret area because of it's lovely position so your son need not worry.
Old 15-09-2011, 20:58

I stayed at the Villa Concha last year and I can agree with what the others say. It is only 10 mins from the start of the pine walk and it is in a lovely peaceful area. The beach is only 2 minutes away and in my opinion it is a nicer beach than the one near the Oro Playa (not that the beach near the Oro Playa is not nice you understand! It's lovely, just the beach near the Villa Concha is even lovelier!).

We had a lovely holiday at the Villa Concha last year and I'm sure your son will do too.
Old 16-09-2011, 10:49

Have no fear - our place is in Pinaret beside Montelin and 250 metres from Villa Concha! Its in the perfect location - as others have said, peaceful, leafy and pleasant but with everything you need just on your doorstep!
Your son needn't worry about out of town - it's not!
Old 19-09-2011, 16:08

Unhappy

Hi everyone - thanks for all your replies. No. 1 son now in PP at the Villa Concha, but went down to see the Oro Playa and, guess what, it's open! Now what's that all about? Just confirms his disappointment!
Old 19-09-2011, 16:22

maybe it is closing part way through his stay?
Old 19-09-2011, 23:25

To be fair I have never stayed in either but from what I have seen and heard of both I think your son has had a lucky escape and is better off where he is