Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2011, 14:47
Under Moderation

Default Room for 5 - help please

Hi. After weeks of researching brochures and the internet, I've decided that Puerto Pollensa is what we are looking for - but many of the hotels and apartments I've seen sleep a max of 4. Do any of you have a good recommendation for somewhere suitable for 2 adults and 3 children (5-8)? I really like the look of the Duva, but have seen some reviews say it's too far from the beach/centre. We would definitely like a pool and air con, but not fussy about what else we have / don't have.
Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-09-2011, 15:35

The Duva is only a fifteen minute walk to the beach and likewise to the centre of town.Regards Rob and Donna
Old 13-09-2011, 15:40

My advice would be to book a 2 bedroom private apartment from one of the adverts on this site. There are lots to choose from and you would have loads of space
Some of these holiday companies expect either yourselves or the kids to sleep in the lounge on a sofabed or pay a fortune in underoccupancy supplements
We don't do that at home so why on earth would you want to do it on holiday
Also you will find private apartments generally have far fewer people to pool ratio so not as packed and actually room to swim in it
Old 13-09-2011, 16:15
Super Moderator

Hi Belle, do have a look at these links where you will find 2/3 bed apartments, the prices are per apartment so no suppliments.
Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)
Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca
Old 13-09-2011, 18:07
Under Moderation

Thank you very much for the replies. Sparky - thanks for the links, I've just started to look through them. The apartments look great, just wish I was more decisive as I don't know how I'd be able to pick just one of them. I've never booked separately when holidaying abroad before, maybe I'll have to be a bit braver and go for it!
Old 13-09-2011, 19:35
Super Moderator

You will find that many of our members started coming on package holidays and then moved onto independant travel/private rent and have never looked back, it gives you so much more freedom and choice. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and if you have any further questions just ask, we will do our best to help you .
Old 13-09-2011, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Thank you very much for the replies. Sparky - thanks for the links, I've just started to look through them. The apartments look great, just wish I was more decisive as I don't know how I'd be able to pick just one of them. I've never booked separately when holidaying abroad before, maybe I'll have to be a bit braver and go for it!
Belle, how I do it is to use Sparky's link to the "private apts to rent" and use the Advanced Search button. If you have 3 children you might want to start by putting in 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, air conditioning and pool and choose one of the areas, say, Central/Marina to start with.

You'll then have a long list - and I just go through and look at the ones that I can afford and ignore the higher priced apartments. You can go back and change the area but still keep your other criteria.

If the 3 bedroom apartments are too expensive, you change to 2 bedrooms and look for one that has a sofabed in the sitting room - or a large second bedroom.

Hope this helps you reduce your choices!

Last edited by pollensa; 14-09-2011 at 12:04. Reason: added Advanced Search link
Old 14-09-2011, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Hi. After weeks of researching brochures and the internet, I've decided that Puerto Pollensa is what we are looking for - but many of the hotels and apartments I've seen sleep a max of 4. Do any of you have a good recommendation for somewhere suitable for 2 adults and 3 children (5-8)? I really like the look of the Duva, but have seen some reviews say it's too far from the beach/centre. We would definitely like a pool and air con, but not fussy about what else we have / don't have.
Any advice would be very welcome, thanks.
The Duva/Habitat are about a 15 minute walk from the beach/centre. During the day there is a shuttle bus that runs regularly.
Old 10-10-2011, 21:59

We stayed with our 2 children at the Las Velas this year in a 2 bedroom apartment with a sofa bed in the lving room- we really liked it. About 5 mins from the beach and 15 minutes from centre