Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 15:05

Default First timer - reassurance please.

We will be visiting PP for the first time this year and were considering staying at the Habitat Apts next to the Duva.....................however, when I checked Trip Advisor for reviews I was shocked to see that two of the reviews said their Apts had been burgled, as recent as this August. I suppose being on the outskirts can make it vulnerable but we will have our 22 month old son with us and the thought of this is terrifying. Can anyone shed any light? Is this property the only one to suffer?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 15:23
Super Moderator

Hi BSimps, yes there have been some burglaries in the area but this kind of thing can happen anywhere, the police have recently arrested and charged a number of culprits. As long as you take all the usual steps to protect your security i am sure you will have a fantastic time.
Old 12-09-2011, 21:32

Default habitat apartments

Couldn't agree more with Sparky, have stayed at Habitat quite a few times over the years and also around different apartments and hotels in PP in general and the sad fact is that crime is everywhere, however if you remember to take the same precautions that you would at home, i.e. lock up before you go out, don't leave precious items out on show, and purses, wallets ect out of sight. I still feel PP is one of the safest places to be on my own, [Iam the wrong side of 60!] On the whole many many people come back here every year and have been doing so for many years......that in itself speaks for itself....so do book your holiday and you will have a lovely time.
Old 12-09-2011, 22:06

We have holidayed in PP for years and I was surprised to hear of this. The fact that the Police have made arrests is reassuring and we are coming out in October. PP has a relatively low crime rate and am sure it will continue that way
Old 13-09-2011, 09:23

Hi BSimps,

We stopped at the Duva in July. This was outside of the main school holidays and so there were lots of families there with small children. The Duva/Habitat complex is very good and I'm confident that you'l have a great time.

As the others have said, just make sure that you take everyday precautions of locking doors etc.
Old 13-09-2011, 12:49

As everyone else has commented petty crime happens everywhere - I am sure there is plenty in your home town - so please do not let one report put you off. All tourist areas attract opportunists unfortunatley however PP less than many areas. Most apartments have a safety deposit box and it is highly recommended that you use this to the maximum - leaving everything possible in the safe and just taking out with you what you need for that particular visit. Dont be put off by the charge, its minimum to the inconvenience of replacing lost items. You may also consider requesting a first floor rather than a ground floor which may make you feel more secure. I am sure your holiday will be free of any hiccups and you will wonder why you spent so much time worrying - the important thing is, as others have said, use the same common sense as you would back home.
Old 16-09-2011, 09:37

Thanks everyone for the re-assurance. I know burglaries can happen everywhere but the Tripadvisor reviews were quite specific about he security features at the Habitat Apts so wondered if that was the issue. Anyway, trip still on and we're arriving 5th Oct for ten nights. Very much looking forward to it.
Old 16-09-2011, 10:02

I take TripAdvisor reviews with a pinch of salt. The vast majority of people have perfectly fine holidays and don't provide reviews.

In one of his Comedy Roadshows, Michael Macintyre does a very good skit on people doing on-line reviews of products or services.