Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 18:09

Default Anyone stayed at Villa La Barraca?

Sorry to keep asking for advice..............

Has anyone stayed at Villa La Barraca, situated in the Siller area?

It's advertised by both Owners Direct and rentalspuertopollensa.com (via this website).

Does anyone have any experience of this villa, or the two rental companies?

We usually use Villa Parade, but this saves about £1,000 over a high season two weeks, so I can't help worrying if it's too good to be true!

I'd be really grateful for any feedback.

Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2011, 18:24

If you dont me asking, what's the reference number on owners direct as I cant find it ?
(owners direct is a very poor website for searching....)
Old 06-09-2011, 18:41

We are not very happy with Owners Direct for various reasons and decided not to use them anymore.

They do seem to have a number of Pollensa properties through agents on their site this year. I have noted that these properties appear on other sites too, which is fine as long as they are not double booked! Not much fun to arrive to find someone else sleeping in the bed! lol
Old 06-09-2011, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
We are not very happy with Owners Direct for various reasons and decided not to use them anymore.

They do seem to have a number of Pollensa properties through agents on their site this year. I have noted that these properties appear on other sites too, which is fine as long as they are not double booked! Not much fun to arrive to find someone else sleeping in the bed! lol
As long as they dont eat the Poridge LOL
Old 06-09-2011, 22:10

Noting a pot of sticky honey won't sort out.
Old 07-09-2011, 00:27
Super Moderator

LOL!!! .
But on a serious note, i spoke to a Swedish friend of mine last week, she managed to get an unplanned last minute flight over with a pal, got to the apartment which she owns only to find her cleaner was living there. Honestly, fridge/freezer/larder fully stocked, bathroom full of toiletries and wardrobes full of clothes .
Old 07-09-2011, 12:17

Wow!! Guess she is now looking for a new cleaner!! Unbelieavable.
Old 07-09-2011, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
LOL!!! .
But on a serious note, i spoke to a Swedish friend of mine last week, she managed to get an unplanned last minute flight over with a pal, got to the apartment which she owns only to find her cleaner was living there. Honestly, fridge/freezer/larder fully stocked, bathroom full of toiletries and wardrobes full of clothes .
I've heard stories similar to this as well. In fact it was an agent who was renting out properties without the knowledge of the owner and obviously not passing on the rental! Can you imagine arriving to your own property to find people on holiday staying! - it happens!

Years ago when we owned an apartment in Pinaret we arrived just as the cleaner was leaving having loaded her car with all my bedding and towels plus a couple of saucepans! She didn't know we were coming. What was so 'funny' was watching her quickly trying to find a reason for her actions and changing her story throughout! Crazy things do go on when renting!
Old 07-09-2011, 14:12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Sorry to keep asking for advice..............

Has anyone stayed at Villa La Barraca, situated in the Siller area?

It's advertised by both Owners Direct and rentalspuertopollensa.com (via this website).

Does anyone have any experience of this villa, or the two rental companies?

We usually use Villa Parade, but this saves about £1,000 over a high season two weeks, so I can't help worrying if it's too good to be true!

I'd be really grateful for any feedback.

Thanks so much.

Disorderly apologies for going off topic .
Has anyone got any information re this villa or the agents?.
Old 19-09-2011, 21:40

Hi Disorderly, I have sent you a PM
Old 20-09-2011, 13:24

Hi Kelly

I've replied with a PM too. Thanks so much.
Old 20-09-2011, 20:02

Hi Disorderley

Used Rentals Puerto Pollensa.com this year. Cannot praise Kelly enough - she even arranged taxi transport for us to and from airport which was great as we had elderly parents in tow. No hesitation in recommending her.
Old 21-09-2011, 09:06

Hi,

I too am interested in Villa Barraca and would appreciate any information about the property. Thanks
Ali C
Old 21-09-2011, 09:53
Super Moderator

Hi Ali C, here is the link to their website. *** Rentals Puerto Pollensa *** Holiday Apartment Rentals - *** Rentals Puerto Pollensa *** Holiday Apartment Rentals.
Old 07-10-2011, 17:34

Meerkat - thank you for your kind comments, it's lovely to know you enjoyed your stay and that I helped your holiday to go smoothly. I hope I can help you find accommodation in Puerto Pollensa again in the future.

Ali C - please feel free to email me with any questions you have about La Barraca(contact details on *** Rentals Puerto Pollensa *** Holiday Apartment Rentals - *** Rentals Puerto Pollensa *** Holiday Apartment Rentals), I am happy to help as honestly and accurately as I can.