Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 12:10
Under Moderation

Default Advice on where to stay...

Hi all - looking to come late June 2012 with my hubby and two children (4ys and 1.5 yrs) and looking for somewhere to stay?? I am not familiar with Puerto de Pollensa and in fact have only been to Majorca once when I was 18 and that was Magaluf! It will be our first holiday abroad as a family so we are all novices!

A swimming pool and close access to beach and centre is a must...cannot decide what type of board would be best...I love eating out, but realise this is not always relaxing with children! Also I have no idea how much a reasonable meal (with a few drinks) is per head in Majorca - anyone advise?

Advise from anyone would really be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 12:22
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum, do take a look at local rental agents here Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca, they are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Also if you read the "Bars and Restaurants" section of the forum you will get a good idea of prices which range from the cheap and cheerful to the high end restaurants. Hope this helps .
Old 04-09-2011, 13:47

Hi & Welcome V20,

June is a lovely month to visit PP, everything up and running for the season and before it gets too, too busy. Most, if not all the restaurants are very child friendly.
Aparthotel or private rentals I think you will find best for your little ones. Simon has done a good report on this one: http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ew-photos.html
May not be for you though but there are two similar ones Playa Mar and Oro Playa both with pools and near the beach (see tripadvisor for reviews). If you are not looking for Kids Clubs then Private rentals are a good choice and there are loads with pools and near the beach.Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

Happy Searching

Last edited by favie; 04-09-2011 at 16:16.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28

Definitely recommend the Flora aparthotel. Aparthotel Flora *** | Mallorca |Puerto de Pollensa

We were there this year ( first time in Peurto Pollensa ) with me, the wife, 3 kids, ages 5, 4 and 6 months. We had a fab time, close to the beach, maybe 100 yds. Self catering or catered. Great friendly atmosphere, live entertainment a lot of nights. Close to pine walk and all the restaurants etc.
Good luck, it's a beautiful place.
Old 05-09-2011, 13:53

V20, you might also consider the Duva Aparthotel. In the summer months it's very popular for families with small children.

It's about 1km out of town, but runs a free shuttle bus to/from the beach.

Meals are on a buffet basis, so there's lots of choices to suit all ages and tastes.
Old 05-09-2011, 18:40

Default Accomodation

I would say look at the private rentals as I have always loved a private home. Sad as it may seem I love doing my washing. A massive benifit is that they usually come with a fully equiped kitchen so a pizza or roast chicken go down well. This year I also stayed at Flora and what a gem of a place. Spotless, central and friendly. Don't doubt that where ever you end up you will love it.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:23

Hello, Lovely to hear that you are considering visiting Puerto Pollensa for the first time. Be prepared to return year after year as it is just perfect for young families. May I suggest the Maricel Apartments which are owned by the family run Hotel Miramar. Selection of one and two bedroom apartments, air con, excellent pool and gardens and all in the very heart of Puerto Pollensa, close to the beach and all shops and restuarants. No noisy childrens clubs or entertainment just comfortable accom, first class service and relaxing atmosphere. Clients can enjoy breakfast or meals at Hotel Miramar too. I hope you enjoy your first stay and any queries you have before you travel will be answered by Forum members with great pleasure.
Old 08-09-2011, 19:50

You could also try the Habitat apartments. We went for the 3rd year this summer and it was Fabulous .. Its is next to the Duva so a bit further from the beach/town etc but its a pleasant walk and if you decide on a taxi back , its only 5 euros. They havs arestaurant there and the food is very reasonable or you can also use the facilites at the Duva. The main block centers around the childrens pool which is fab and they had a fantastic childrens rep this year called Martina . They also have 2 bedroom apartments which helps if you have children ...
we will be returning for a 4th year !!
Happy hunting , you will love Pollensa xx