Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2011, 15:26

Default Hotel Sis Pins

I would like the comments of the forum as to their thoughts about the Cappucinno cafe , which in my opinion has totally ruined the hotel Sis Pins, turning it into a " Bed and Brerakfast " ?????
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2011, 21:26

Aye unfortunately it doesn't suit us anymore and we stay elsewhere in PP, we do really miss all the comforts we had at Sis Pins when it was a Globespan hotel.
Old 25-08-2011, 23:32
Banned

It's a big improvement.
Old 26-08-2011, 09:51
Super Moderator

Ronnie, are you looking for opinions from the hotel guests or Bar Cappuccino customers, or do you just want a general opinion?.
Old 26-08-2011, 12:11

There is a rather large thread regarding peoples comments about Cappuccino but maybe not from the point of view of Sis Pins clients. I have spoken to a few throughout the summer who feel a bit `put out´by the cappuccino presence.
Old 26-08-2011, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
It's a big improvement.
Not for the people staying in the hotel it isn't. Friends of my parents have been staying there for years but after this years visit where they were rushed out from breakfast by the coffee shop staff every morning they will not be returning
Old 26-08-2011, 17:27
Banned

Exactly..........don't stay there then.........simples.........!!!!
Old 26-08-2011, 19:27

Default hotel Sis Pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Ronnie, are you looking for opinions from the hotel guests or Bar Cappuccino customers, or do you just want a general opinion?.
Hi Sparky,
My comments were for the residents of the hotel, who came religiously year after year, a hotel that had its own restaurant and bar, where fellow guests could meet and get to know people.
In my opinion, there is a place for the Cappucino Cafe but not when it ruins the ambience of a Great Hotel.
I appreciate that the owner has done this for financial reasons, but I like others would be willing to pay even more to stay there if they returned to what was excellent.
Old 26-08-2011, 19:32

Quote:
Yes then if all the guests follow your lead the hotel will close and posuers (spelling?) paradise will have to close too
Old 26-08-2011, 19:36

Default Cappucinno cafe

Quote:
So you just give up and move on !!!??? is that your philosophy ??? It sounds, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound as though you would be suited to a large city or dare I say MAGALUF????
You also must be pretty rich to afford cocktails at £9/10 a shot !!!
Old 27-08-2011, 10:09

Ronnie, you are obviously upset by the changes in the Hotel Sis Pins however the tone and content of your reply to the previous post are not going to provide you with much sympathy on this forum.
You seemed to have been asking for genuine feedback so why attempt to insult people? There are several other lovely hotels which offer a friendly caring atmosphere - ie. The Miramar which you could try for future holidays.
Many would feel that the presence of Cappuccino enhances the Hotel and Puerto Pollensa so maybe the Managment of the Hotel just need to understand their hotel guests needs. Did you complete a questionnaire in the Hotel? Did you make your thoughts known to the Management? Times change, hotels change and the `improvements´they make they obviously believe are for the best or they would not do it.
The Hotel Illa d´or reception and lounge have been totally refurbished and is looking beautiful but many of their old faithfuls do not like it!! As we have said over and over again on this forum - we are all different!
Maybe after there first year they will review the set up slightly if they have received lots of negative feedback to ensure their hotel clients feel comfortable.
Old 27-08-2011, 10:17

Totally agree with the previous post. Think I would rather this great hotel was open than boarded up! Also think the Puerto Pollensa we discovered years ago has changed over the years...sometimes for the better. Will be back next summer....sooner if we can sneek an extra break in.
Old 27-08-2011, 11:34

Hi Ronnie

You know my opinion from our chats in PP. Posting my comments in my recent note here as part of your debate:

"I saw your Trip Advisor posting before the end of our Sis Pins stay and it was widely discussed by residents and staff at the time. There has been quite a few comments on TA and here about the impact of the Sis Pins change. Predictably, there are opinions for and against. Most regular visitors who stayed in the Sis Pins do not like the development and will probably no longer use the hotel. Other PP visitors welcome the chic new cafe and the increased choice. I think the Sis Pins will need to attract a new set of regulars who are comfortable with the new set-up. Personally, much as we love the hotel and staff, I don't like the change, the Palma prices and the loss of guests' camaraderie over an affordable nightcap (or two). It's unlikely that we will stay at the Sis Pins in future."

Mike
Old 28-08-2011, 20:01
Banned

"So you just give up and move on !!!??? is that your philosophy ??? It sounds, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound as though you would be suited to a large city or dare I say MAGALUF????
You also must be pretty rich to afford cocktails at £9/10 a shot !!!"

I never ever "give up or move on". Your comments are insulting and I am not rich by any means.

I simply said that I like the Capuccino bar and as mentioned if it means the hotel can continue to survive then so be it...
Old 28-08-2011, 20:32

Quote:

I never ever "give up or move on". Your comments are insulting and I am not rich by any means.

I simply said that I like the Capuccino bar and as mentioned if it means the hotel can continue to survive then so be it...
But thats the point people have been trying to make it will not survive if the hotel guests vote with their feet there will no longer be a hotel and therefore no cappuccino