Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 00:57

Default Help

We had booked a week in the Hobby Club Apartments starting August 17th only to be informed today that the booking was never made . We booked through Travel Republic , any booking with this company in the future be very aware . We were particularly looking forward to this trip as it was probably going to be our last as a family (oldest daughter starting uni in September ).We have visited the Hobby Club every year since my oldest was 10 . We have been offered alternative accomodation at HSM Lagos Park in Playa Del Muro but really need to be in Pollensa . If anyone particularly anyone living there could find a place to stay in Pollensa it would be greatly appreciated maybe even worth a few beers .
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 09:15

If you check on the left here under private villas/Apts to rent, or under the local rental agencies you should still find places available, and you should be able to get a special deal as well, if there are places left you could push for a good price as they will be very keen to get the business, hope you find something.

On island time!!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25
Super Moderator

Oh Jmac how disappointed you must be, but have a look here i am sure you will find something:-
Rent Villas Apartments in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca)

and here:-
Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36

Hi Sorry to hear what has happened to your holiday

I expect you have already done this but have you checked if any other agencies have rooms left at the Hobby Club ?? Sometimes lots of agencies look after these places

As for Travel Republic ?? Im not sure I have used them a few times with no problems but I do always check with the accomodation to see the booking has been made but i have been reading on a Greek forum for somewhere i am going shortly that a lot of people are having prbolems with overbooking there as well with Travel Republic

Hope you find somewhere
Old 12-08-2011, 11:55
Founder

If you look at Hotels, Apartments - Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca there is a Search Box for Sunshine hotels & they show availability at the Oro Playa.

Alternatively there are a few other hotels listed on the page who are pleased to take bokings direct so I think your best bet is to phone around.

Or as suggested there are still private apartments available via the links above. Even if they specify Sat-Sat bookings I'm sure many will take mid-week as it it's so close. Also look at our Last Minute page: Late Deals in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) - Rent Villas Apartments as these owners are actively looking for guests!

If you can, telephone & then confirm by email.

I know it must be such a shame not to stay in the place that you are used to but you never know staying somewhere new may be quite an adventure (a good one that is!)
Old 12-08-2011, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac View Post
We had booked a week in the Hobby Club Apartments starting August 17th only to be informed today that the booking was never made . We booked through Travel Republic , any booking with this company in the future be very aware . We were particularly looking forward to this trip as it was probably going to be our last as a family (oldest daughter starting uni in September ).We have visited the Hobby Club every year since my oldest was 10 . We have been offered alternative accomodation at HSM Lagos Park in Playa Del Muro but really need to be in Pollensa . If anyone particularly anyone living there could find a place to stay in Pollensa it would be greatly appreciated maybe even worth a few beers .
Give Jan Dexter a ring at parasol properties 0034619757329

British Meals and Snacks
Old 12-08-2011, 19:45

I would also recommend Jan Dexter at parasol properties - she is a very helpful lady !
Old 16-08-2011, 23:45

Default Help

Thanks to everyone for the help, after near a week of for want of a better word arguing we eventually got our original apt in the Hobby Club , we arrive tomorrow night at about eight so anyone who wants to take up that beer more than welcome, we contacted Jan also who was very helpfull and will reccomend in the future.
Old 16-08-2011, 23:54
Super Moderator

Fantastic news jmac, i am thrilled you have got it sorted out. Bon viajes and enjoy your holiday .
Old 17-08-2011, 00:18

Default Help

Thanks Sparky ,it was a rough week but ends well and again that offer is open to anyone who is available during the next week. I didnt post sooner because for some reason my new password wouldnt work but did tonight.