Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2011, 07:42

Default All Inclusive.

I have read several columns in the travel sections of newspapers and this morning, on Andrews Ede's blog, concerning part of the TUI empire, namely First Choice going "All Inclusive" in it's featured hotels next year. As that company operates to several hotels in PP, has anybody resident in the Port heard locally about any affect this may have in the 2012 season ?
Sponsored Links
Old 15-08-2011, 08:48

Perhaps I should add some background. First Choice will become an all-inclusive brand and will offer all-inclusive exclusively but only at hotels which are capable of and/or willing to do so. Other hotels that TUI as a group deal with will fall under Thomson. In Puerto Pollensa, therefore, one imagines that Playa Mar could become First Choice and that Club Sol would continue to be First Choice. Of the priority hotels that First Choice currently offers in Mallorca, the only other accommodation in Puerto Pollensa at present is Hobby Club, which I would very much doubt could become all-inclusive. There may be new arrangements that will mean other hotels becoming all-inclusive with First Choice, but I would be surprised if any were in Puerto Pollensa.
Old 15-08-2011, 14:01

Default All inclusive.

Thank you Andrew for the clarification. I appreciate that some hotels could not become all inclusive, such as the Romantic which has been in the First Choice brochure for some time but I would think that it's big sister, the Pollensa Park must be a candidate.
Old 15-08-2011, 14:18
Super Moderator

They did try it a while back on a limited scale in the Pollensa Park but it didn't take off. It is something that has never appealed to me but i know people who love it, especially those with kiddies.
I have heard a lot of complaints from guests of one of the AI apt/hotels here, they say the food standard is terrible, so they are having to come out and spend more money on meals they can eat.
Old 15-08-2011, 17:47

We were in Cyprus last year where it is already a "big thing" with the hotels. It's impacted heavily on restaurants and bars - who, in the main, are increasing prices to maintain income levels from a declining customer base. And that, of course, impacts on folk like us who had rented an apartment.
Old 15-08-2011, 19:35
Banned

All inclusive..............please no. It's so outdated and naff.

Anyway, the food is always rubbish and it will attract the wrong type to PP.

If people want that then go to Magalluf etc.

It will have a big impact on all the restaurants.

Big mistake..........
Old 15-08-2011, 23:40

sorry nickpaulanoah .... but I have to disagree....why on earth would it attract the wrong type to PP. I have lots of friends ..... normal people ..... perfectly respectable who like AI. We have considered it ourselves, and I hope that anyone who has met me would not class me as an undesirable.
Yes, it would impact on the restaurants and that would be the downside, but I think people one the whole do still like to venture out and enjoy their surroundings, and not stay in the hotel all the time, just as we would if we were on an AI holiday.

Last edited by susiejb; 16-08-2011 at 23:37. Reason: spelling
Old 26-08-2011, 21:21

We have stayed at the Playa May the last few years and this year was the first year AI has been on offer. I would say it was about 50/50 the split between those taking it and not. There are a lot of ppl who go back to the Playa Mar year on year (some as many as 12 years) and all of the regulars agree they would not return if it were AI, as it takes away one of the joys of gong to PP, the eating out. Our kids are 10 and 13 and love the walk into town to eat out.

I think it is an unfortuante reality in these current times that more and more places are going AI. I notice that at the moment the price for self catering next year there is about 2-300 more than this year, so I think they are driving people to try and go down that route.
Old 28-08-2011, 19:52
Banned

Still a big mistake....
Old 01-10-2011, 16:21

We never ever considered the AI option until a couple of years ago when we decided to try it in Fuerteventura.In all 3 cases since we stayed at hotels that were somewhat isolated from any main resorts and therefore there was no alternative,as it were,With young children I think it could be very good value,as the price of all those little extras( especially in PP) can become very expensive.
Having said that,I would never consider it in any resort - such as PP - where there are many places,of good quality,to eat out.
Old 01-10-2011, 16:23

....and by the way.
As soon as they get everyone having to go AI you'll find the price going up and the quality going down.
Old 05-10-2011, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Anyway, the food is always rubbish and it will attract the wrong type to PP.

If people want that then go to Magalluf etc.
My God, I have had to read that twice to believe what I am reading!!!

What type is it that go to all inclusive that you dont want to attract to PP? Who do you think you are to label people based upon whether they go AI, hotel or apartment?

I thought this type of pompousness died out in the 90's. Seemingly not, its alive and thriving in Cambridgeshire judging by the tone of your post.
David82 likes this.
Old 05-10-2011, 20:02

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We never ever considered the AI option until a couple of years ago when we decided to try it in Fuerteventura.In all 3 cases since we stayed at hotels that were somewhat isolated from any main resorts and therefore there was no alternative,as it were,With young children I think it could be very good value,as the price of all those little extras( especially in PP) can become very expensive.
Having said that,I would never consider it in any resort - such as PP - where there are many places,of good quality,to eat out.
You didnt go AI on holiday did you Stephen? Shame on you. Your the wrong type for PP my good man. Back to Magaluf for you and your family, not good enough for PP.
Old 05-10-2011, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
What type is it that go to all inclusive that you dont want to attract to PP?
Have to agree...... as per my previous post
Old 05-10-2011, 21:21
Under Moderation

There is nothing wrong with AI in the right place, countries where tourisum is relatively new or areas where there is no infastructure of bars & restaurants.
Puerto Pollensa has a long established history as a tourist resort and has plenty of bars restaurants & shops to cater for the needs of its holiday makers. You only have to look at its near neighbours to see the effect AI can have on established resorts.