Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 15:56

Default Never complain, or you will be banned

Never complain, or you will be banned.

Earlier this year, I stayed at Bonanca appartments, and found a few points that needed rectification.

Some I was able to do a temporary fix on, and the rest I notified the owner, who took on my concerns and said they would rectify the problems.

The basic problems were lack of maintenence, and sea air rusting outside hinges and locks, making it difficult to enter / lock up property, and a few smaller items.

I was recompensed for my troubles. I was totaly congenial and my concerns were for the next people that were to stay there.

I have since been told, in so many words, that I am not welcome at a certain flat at Bonanca appartments any more, just because i "mentioned" that some things needed maintenence / replacement / screwing back on the walls. i also mentioned that I was promised to be able to "sit" by the pool and use the shop on the lower floor during my stay. These facilities were not available to me.

I find this situation deplorable after making the appartment "secure" by making the door locks work, and bringing to their attention things they should fix for the enjoyment of their next paying guests.

The moral of the story is not to complain, not to fix anything, and just give the address of the appartment in question over the internet, if thats the thanks I get.

Yes, I have a few web sites and can easily state the owners name, address and Appartment number and blast it over the internet, but I am not like that, so think first before you ban your customers.

Also, I noticed that as long as the pool was closed, all appartments were still advertising the pool was open !

If you want to know which appartment banned me, write.

R.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 18:01

Oh dear this is truly upsetting. I do think that the majority of owners welcome feedback from their renters as it gives the opportunity of ensuring all is as it should be, especially if they haven't visited themselves for a while.
Most owners have people available to put right any problems as soon as they are reported. Many use either a service company or have a housekeeper to ensure that all is well with holiday makers. Certainly we have a wonderful Lady who ensures that she visits within the first 24/48 hours and returns during the course of the stay. This allows for any problems - both ways! - to be sorted asap.
I'm sorry you have had this bad experience and I hope it doesn't put you off renting in the future. i wonder perhaps if you should contact the owner to ask for specific reasons as to why they feel you should be banned?
Old 08-05-2011, 19:48
Under Moderation

As someone who has owned and rented out property for many years and more recently in PP I need to say that it works both ways. There are from experience the most awful experiences of people who rent A property too. Are we to place their name and address across the internet too?
In my opinion there has to be a very valid reason for someone to be banned and if It was me I would want to know the reason why. Equally it is important for us to remember there are two sides to any story!

Last edited by Kym; 08-05-2011 at 19:51.
Old 08-05-2011, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kym View Post
In my opinion there has to be a very valid reason for someone to be banned and if It was me I would want to know the reason why. Equally it is important for us to remember there are two sides to any story!
The person responsible for looking after the place, was put in a bad possition by not informing the owner of the items i listed, ( all photographed, and some "before & after" ) and that same person has to continue to look after the place due to the location, and probably said, How dare he bring into disrepute my management skills.

I left the place in a better condition then when I arrived, and the reason they dont want me there is they dont want me to find more items that need renovating / repairing / maintaining, due to the fact that I got a FULL refund for my stay, and they dont want to take a chance of having to do it again.

The items that required rectification were not that serious, ( apart from dangerous bathroom shelves falling off, ) but was typical of a person responsible for ensuring the place was "up to scratch", failing in their duties, but still being employed by the owner today.

Can we put a line under this, as I have previously stated in another post :-
"the stay at the apartment was a pleasant one, fully equipped, and we wanted for nothing, cutlery, scissors, iron, etc etc, and was a pleasant surprise to find such a fully equipped apartment." so I had no problems with the location or the extensive efforts made by the owner on the other aspects of holiday rental, to make our stay enjoyable.

The owner has notified me that all of the points I raised have been rectified, and if this is the case, they have done their duty, to make the next persons stay a pleasant one, and for that reason, I will not be giving names / appartment numbers out, as they were good enough to listen, and act on my recommendations.

By the way, I did not demand a refund, - it was offered as compensation.

R.
Old 08-05-2011, 23:04
Super Moderator

Ram, yes i think we will put a line under this, as you have said all issues have now been resolved and you were given a full refund, so i will close the thread now.