Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-2011, 10:06

Default First Timer

First time in Puert Pollensa, staying in Siller district - Villa Bocquer via Villa Plus. No idea of this Villa's situation, near to town/beach? Busy/Quiet? Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-04-2011, 11:02
Banned

Hi Bosun

Nice area. Very quiet apart from the odd yapping dog at night......and when one start others follow.......but no real problem. 10 minute walk to the main square roughly and another few minutes to the beach.

Nearest shop really is the large Eroski on the main roundabout where the seaplane artwork is. Has everything you'll need. The only thing is you have to cross a fairly busy road to get from the Siller area into town but no real problem if you use common sense.

I've stayed in this area before and like it. You are not right in the hub of things though but that really is no problem.

You WILL have a great time!
Old 19-04-2011, 11:48

Default First Time

Thanks for the info. I guessed it would be a 10-15 minute walk looking at the maps. Really looking forward to our holiday. Not been to Majorca/Spain since 2008 I suspect like everywhere else the cost of having a good time has risen significantly?
Old 19-04-2011, 11:56
Super Moderator

Hi Bosun, actually the prices have not increased in fact some have come down but because the exchange rate is much lower it will be more expensive than 2008.
Old 19-04-2011, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Hi Bosun, actually the prices have not increased in fact some have come down but because the exchange rate is much lower it will be more expensive than 2008.
Oh well, here's hoping to a huge improvement in the exchange rate before July, or I just take more money!
Old 20-04-2011, 18:11
Banned

Sparky is right on pricing. Meals and drinks out haven't changed atall really and last season you could get a "menu of the day" 3 courses from 8.50 euro at one place I saw to as much as 100+ euro at the Stay for example!

You will be fine on a budget. Okay, not as chesp as the Costa del Sol perhaps but then the Costa del Sol it aint.........thank God!!!
Old 20-04-2011, 18:21

The Menu of the Day options are superb value, and so many more places do them than in the last few years. Be aware that many places will list them outside, but will still hand you the "normal" menu upon being seated, so you may need to ask for the MDD.

I think that 2009 seemed to be the worst for pricing, in fact, we were seriously concerned that pricing was getting a bit silly! I think that it may have even scared off a few potential returnees.

We were out on and off for nearly a month last year, and had budgeted based on the previous year's experiences. I am pleased to say that for the first time in a long time, we struggled to get rid of some of our money.

There are loads of places to eat, both in the Port, or the Old Town - Have a great holiday!
Old 21-04-2011, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Sparky is right on pricing. Meals and drinks out haven't changed atall really and last season you could get a "menu of the day" 3 courses from 8.50 euro at one place I saw to as much as 100+ euro at the Stay for example!
Re MDD at Stay, 33€ (inc IVA\Vat) excellent value for the quality of food and service. It includes wine, water, starter, main course, sweet & some nice little exras. Not sure where you got the 100€+ from!
Old 21-04-2011, 10:48

We tend to make our evening meal a highlight of the day, so we tend to spend a bit more on dinner. I'm sure we'll find plenty of places to indulge ourselves.

We like to get out and about too, don't mind 30-45 mins drives. Anything really worth while within that radius?
Old 21-04-2011, 11:17
Super Moderator

Take a look at this section Bosun, i am sure it will give you some good info :-
Excursions Out & About in Majorca - Pollensa Forum