Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 14:37

Default Hotel Daina

Hi

Just wondering whether anyone has had a chance to check out how the daina is looking following it's supposed renovations over winter.

We are a large family party visiting in June for a golden wedding annivesary celebration. We are somewhat annoyed as we had booked 7 rooms at the Sis Pins through Monarch about 4 months ago but we've just found out that we've been bumped to the daina due to 'overbooking'.

Can anyone put our mind at rest and tell us the Daina is looking good????
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 15:52
Super Moderator

Hello ShaunH,
I am sorry to hear that have already had a problem with the Sis Pins but as far as the Hotel Daina is concerned, the only renovations i am aware of were in the pool area and that looks like it is finished now with furniture being put in place this morning. I am sure all will be well for your holiday .
Old 01-04-2011, 20:25

Thanks Sparky

We had heard that all the rooms had been rennovated too and that they were hoping to get a 4-star rating???

We were really looking forward to staying at the Sis Pins, particularly as we'd booked terrace rooms on the front - don't blame them though - we blame the tour operators. Hopefully the daina will be OK.

Stayed in PP for the first time last year - and hopefully it'll be the first of many stays as we absolutely loved it. In fact, we loved it so much that it's now the venue for my in laws golden wedding celebrations in June.

Thanks for your help
Old 20-04-2011, 08:48

Default Hotel Daina

Hi ShaunH

I have just returned from 5 nights at the Hotel Daina and can confirm that the Daina is looking great following the recent renovations of both the rooms and public area and in my opinion worthy of a 4 star rating.

Our room on the 4th floor, side seaview, was excellent – fresh towels every day, flatscreen tv, kettle, hairdryer. dressing gown and slippers and a very useful small fridge. We were very impresssed with the service, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The buffet breakfast included a wide choice of cooked menu items as well as excellent continental breakfast options. We choose the B&B option so can’t comment on the evening menu but I spoke to another guest who said the evening buffet meals were also excellent with lots of different choices.

Our room was located at the rear corner, (410) and seemed to be bigger than other rooms I saw, so if I was lucky enough to return and staying in a side seaview room, I would request a corner room if possible. The view from the large balcony across the bay was stunning and we also had the benefit of brand new modern and comfy balcony furniture.

I’m sorry to hear you had problems with your booking at the Sis Pins but don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the Daina. The standard was very high, the hotel is very efficiently run and, particularly in low season, it is excellent value for money. I hope you are your family have a great time in June.

Last edited by LK1960; 20-04-2011 at 08:51. Reason: typo
Old 20-04-2011, 09:27

Not exactly related, but is the new building being built behind the Daina (where Tango used to be) now finished and occupied?
Old 20-04-2011, 09:43
Super Moderator

I am afraid not, one of the shop units is about to open but they are still working on the apartments.
Old 20-04-2011, 09:44

No lovemallorca, it isn't, quite far from it imo. The only work which was going on when we were there was internal and on the roof so not noisy thankfully. The new apartments on the corner above El Casinet are also not finished and there was no activity at all during our stay.
Old 20-04-2011, 11:40
Founder

To book the Daina see puertopollensa.com/hotels_apartments_pollensa.html#daina - several options available including hotel only & packages.
Old 20-04-2011, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I am afraid not, one of the shop units is about to open but they are still working on the apartments.
Blimey - That will be two years now?

I must say that I thought that the units would be in-demand, being some of the first that many will see when they enter the square.

Tango was always a bit of an institution there, and always seemed to be very busy. The new units look to be more suitable for shops than restaurants?

Do you know what type of business is going into the one that is now occupied?
Old 20-04-2011, 19:24
Super Moderator

Yes it's an old favourite,
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...olat-shop.html