Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-2011, 13:59
Under Moderation

Default Camping - Pollensa / Puerto Pollensa

Hi - are there any campsites in / near Puerto Pollensa / Pollensa? I have not been able to find any information - which suggests there aren't . . . .

Regards
Sponsored Links
Old 30-03-2011, 16:09

Not in the immediate area I dont think, found this on-line if it helps, closest looks like at C'an Picafort which is up the coast

Are there any campsites (for tents)anywhere?Club San Pedro's telephone number is +34 971589031, fax:+34 971589023 - can't find any webs sites for them. CAMPING CLUB PICAFORT PLATJA BLAVA is +34 971537863. There is also free camping available at the Santuari de Lluc http://www.lluc.net/eng/contacte.html Cala Murta at Pollensa has some camping but no details for you I'm afraid. Puig de Son Sant Marti near Alcudia also has camping available.

On island time!!
Old 30-03-2011, 17:49

Unless I'm mistaken, there is now no official camping anywhere in Majorca, except when special camps are set up for groups and organisations. The Can Picafort camping isn't and hasn't been for some years. It's still referred to as "Camping", but anyone who camped there must have been nuts; the mosquitoes of Albufera would've bitten them alive. The San Pedro in Arta is a hotel as far as I'm aware. Other places that call themselves camping are usually like youth hostels, such as that by the Puig Sant Marti in Alcudia. It may be possible to pitch a tent, but I doubt it.
Old 30-03-2011, 19:39
Super Moderator

I agree with Andrew, seem to remember reading somewhere that camping is frowned on because of the risk of fires being started by camping stoves.
Old 30-03-2011, 19:49

Bella,

Are you still renting out your garden ???

BonysLad
Old 30-03-2011, 22:26

I always wondered why there wasn't any campsites, don't think it's the fire risk, just watching Phil and Kirstys new show about Ibiza, they have camping there so why the difference?

On island time!!
Old 30-03-2011, 22:49

Many years ago I remember campers at Albufera and as you said Andrew how they wen't bitten alive is beyond me, sorry but camping is not a real holiday to me, finished all that when I left the girl guides.