Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23

Default Crestatx/Subac

Hi

We have been coming to Puerto Pollensa for the past four years and have always stayed in private apartments on the beautiful Pine Walk. We have always been in September but now our young children are in school we are limited to the school holidays.

As rental rates soar during August we have looked at other areas out of town in the countryside. As it is more affordable we would like to stay at a villa in Crestatx.

Can any forum regulars offer any advise on the area, is it too far to drive to the port every other day for the beach? And are there shops/restaurants near to Crestatx where we can get food and refreshments or would we need to drive to the port for these? I seem to remember seeing an Eroski on the raod into Pollenca well before you get to the one in the Port. We will be arriving on a Sunday so we would need to get some basic supplies when we arrive.

Also I see on the map Sa Pobla is a town nearer to Crestatx than Pollenca, can anyone tell me anything about sa Pobla and what we may find there.

Thanks to anyone who has any info
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 09:58

There are no shops in Crestatx you would have to go to Pollensa or Sa Pobla. It takes about 15 -20 mins to get into the Port and beach areas. The nearest restaurant is the Meson Crestatx which is opposite the church, but that is the only one. For others again it is a drive to Pollenca,Port or Sa Pobla.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:39
Super Moderator

Hi Pluto i understand you wanting to have more affordable accomodation but can i just make you aware that i read in the papers recently that fuel prices here are now on a par with the UK, so any savings you make on accomodation could be drastically reduced by transport costs.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54

Hi Pluto

If you like staying in PP, have you considered using the Hoppabus instead of hiring a car? Also the areas of Pinaret and Llenaire offer excellent apartments although probably no seaview.
Kat
Old 05-02-2011, 14:40

Hi Pluto,
We love the Crestatx area, because you can enjoy the coast and shops etc, which are just a 15 min drive, and a lovely drive too. Pollensa just approx 7 mins drive, golf course nearby. You can then go back to your chosen villa and enjoy the area. The Meson is now open and I hope to try it on my next trip in a weeks time. Also Sa Pobla has a train station, supermarkets and sunday market, and just a few mins drive. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-02-2011, 21:43

thanks for your replies. To be honest even when we've stayed in PP we have hired a car anyway and just can't find similar villa in PP for same price we have been quoted in Crestatx. This year we might just try something a bit different for the heck of it

Suzystew, thanks for your post, I had seen a previous post of yours mentioning the Crestatx area, if you don't mind maybe I can PM you and dig for more info on how your holidays have gone, where you shopped, parked etc. Might be useful to learn a bit more about Sa Pobla too.
Old 05-02-2011, 23:29

Pluto,
Yes certainly send me a PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12

Default Staying in Crestatx

In a nutshell - the pros & cons of staying in Crestatx

Pros
Quiet, alot cheaper than the Port.

Cons
Only one bar/restaurant (at present only open for lunch and Fri/Sat nights)
Nearest shops in Sa Pobla (ten minute drive)
Nearest beach -15 minute drive.

You pays your money you takes your choise !
Old 06-02-2011, 16:51

Suzystew I have sent you a pm, cheers
Old 06-02-2011, 18:12

Pluto,
I have sent you a PM. I am new to this so hope you get it. Sue