Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Marysol Apartments (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/6952-marysol-apartments.html)

Serendipity 16-01-2011 12:58

Marysol Apartments

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone could give me any information on the Marysol Apartments? They are on the Pine Walk and I was looking at the ground floor apartment as I have a 2yr old toddler!! We wanted somewhere that had a nice terrace with a lovely view so that we can enjoy a glass of wine in the evening when little one is in bed :0)

It seems to be just what we're looking for but don't whereabouts on the Pine Walk it's situated, whether it's set back and has apartments either side blocking the view of the bay etc so just wondered if anyone has stayed there or those of you that frequent PP or live there could actually give us anymore info on the apartments?

Thanks in advance :0)

Palmadave 16-01-2011 14:19

Marysol

Hello,

Marysol are without doubt the very best frontline apartments on the 'real' Pinewalk. I have been staying there for many, many years as have my children and grandchildren. The ground floor apartment is perfect for you with a gated garden only 2 meters from from the sea with a small beach you can see from the terrace. The views over the bay are fabulous and the large raised terrace is pefect for dining and watching the sunset. Location is spot-on being only a 5 minute easy walk from the main square. I can assure you you will not find better (if you do, let me know!). One final point......Antonia the owner (not agent) is an absolute gem! You can find pictures on
http://www.puertopollensa.com/marysol/ which I believe is advertised on Pollensa.com
Regards
Palmadave

Serendipity 16-01-2011 18:02

Hi Dave,

Thank you SO much for your information ....I think I can safely say that you've made up our minds for us! Lol :0) It's so nice to actually hear it from someone who has actually stayed there. I shall no doubt be back on here (fantastic site!!) to get lots of other info.

Once again, thanks Dave :0)

Serendipity 08-04-2011 09:06

Hi Guys & Gals,

Well, it's all booked and we're coming out in June!!! SO excited!!

Just wondered if you can tell me if there's a lot of Mozzies around that time
of year? We hope to sit on the terrace in the evening....will we get eaten alive?! Lol. Only worrying because of my little one really and just want to be prepared ;0)

Is the little beach in front of the Marysol Apts. big enough to sit on for the day
and do you reckon I'll need to bring my beach parasol?

Sparky 08-04-2011 10:59

Hi Serendipity, re mozzies it really depends on if we get a lot of rain in May. If we do, that combined with rising temperatures usually mean we have a lot of them but if it remains dry it should be ok. I would advise you to get repellent and a plug in or spray for the bedroom as they can drive you nuts buzzing around during the night, also close windows and doors at night.
The beach will be fine and you should bring your parasol, the sun is already very strong so by the time you come out you will definitely need it. Enjoy!!.

curlytom 08-04-2011 18:15

Have stayed in first floor Marysol apartment, as well as others in the building rented through Villa Parade. The position is great and there are trees which provide some shade.

Serendipity 14-04-2011 17:27

Hi Sparky,

Thanks so much for the advice :0) We're thinking of stopping off at Alcampo en route from the airport to stock up for the week so will buy my plug-ins and spray from there ....hopefully it'll be industrial strength!! Lol. I'll probably bring my beach parasol then (bought it last time I was in PP actually) but only trouble is that it'll take some of our baggage allowance!!!!! Still, how many clothes does a child need on holiday ....or nappies....or food?!!! Tee hee ;0)

Thanks Curlytom, it's good to know there's some shade at the apartment too. I'm SO looking forwards to our holidays!

I've hired a car and have never driven on the other side of the road before (well, not intentionally anyway!) so that should be an 'experience' lol

Ooooh CAN'T WAIT!!!! :0)