Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-2010, 23:24

Default Apart Villa Concha or Belleresguard

Has anyone stayed at Apartments Villa Concha and BR who can give me some help as to which to choose? We like the VC apartments as the pool area is good for kids, plus there's kids' club etc. BR obviously looks nicer... both are a bit further away from the centre than we wanted to be though. TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 29-12-2010, 23:43
Under Moderation

Villa Conche is much closer to the town then Bellesresguard. Also Conche is an apart hotel whereas BR are apartments. If you have children and want entertainment then Conche would be best in my opinion. Only 3 minute walk to beach too. Pinaret is a nice family area.
Old 30-12-2010, 08:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kym View Post
Villa Conche is much closer to the town then Bellesresguard. Also Conche is an apart hotel whereas BR are apartments. If you have children and want entertainment then Conche would be best in my opinion. Only 3 minute walk to beach too. Pinaret is a nice family area.
Thanks for your replies. We're finding it very hard to decide whether to rent a private apartment or a hotel apartment. BR gets a lot of good feedback on here so it was the one I thought we'd go for, although it did look a fair trek from the centre. The drawback of public forums is that I don't know whether all that good feedback is actually coming from owners of BR apartments!
Old 30-12-2010, 11:43
Super Moderator

I take your point Sausage but i can assure you that this forum takes great care to ensure that the vast majority of posts are genuine.
Old 30-12-2010, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
Thanks for your replies. We're finding it very hard to decide whether to rent a private apartment or a hotel apartment. BR gets a lot of good feedback on here so it was the one I thought we'd go for, although it did look a fair trek from the centre. The drawback of public forums is that I don't know whether all that good feedback is actually coming from owners of BR apartments!
Unless you're particularly unfit, the walk from Bellsreguard to the town centre will take about 10-15 minutes (a lovely stroll along the sea front) with lots of bars / eating places along the way.

....And I don't own an apartment there!
Old 30-12-2010, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
I think you will find that owners of properties in Pollensa especially really do not need to make up their own feedback as you have implied. The majority of owners go far past what could be considered the norm to ensure that their guests are happy with the accommodation. You will see from many posts on this forum that BR and VC both receive very good feedback. Another good indication is that many of BR apartments are booked from year to year.

I too do not own an apartment in BR but I do own a villa in Gommar. Today I received a call from someone interested in renting in July. This person refused to provide me with their phone number and had withheld their number! Sorry - if I can't be trusted with a phone number, I certainly would not trust that person with my villa! - works both ways!
Old 30-12-2010, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
I think you will find that owners of properties in Pollensa especially really do not need to make up their own feedback as you have implied. The majority of owners go far past what could be considered the norm to ensure that their guests are happy with the accommodation. You will see from many posts on this forum that BR and VC both receive very good feedback. Another good indication is that many of BR apartments are booked from year to year.

I too do not own an apartment in BR but I do own a villa in Gommar. Today I received a call from someone interested in renting in July. This person refused to provide me with their phone number and had withheld their number! Sorry - if I can't be trusted with a phone number, I certainly would not trust that person with my villa! - works both ways!
I never meant to imply that owners of properties in Pollensa make up their own feedback! I'm sorry if you read my slight hesitation in relying on the forum as a criticism of Pollensa property owners. It most certainly wasn't meant to be read like that. However, this is a public forum and unfortunately with public forums there will sometimes be opportunists taking advantage. I've learnt that the hard way! But, the fact I'll still use a public forum shows that I still believe most users are honest.
Old 31-12-2010, 00:35

Hello Sausage and welcome to the forum,

No need to apologise, I know where you are coming from and lets face it there is indeed a lot of weird and wonderful folk out there and some very dubious reviews now a days but no need to worry on here...it is a totally different kind of forum, one where you will receive, in my opion, honest accounts on just about everything. I have stayed in BR on more than one occasion and indeed have given it great reviews on here. I know of one or two owners at BR who actually, I have noticed, NEVER comment on the place, they leave that to renters to do. They may give info about the area and its surroundings but never about their apartments so what you read here is from actual renters and they have all been rave reviews! If you do choose them I'm sure you will not be disappointed...the walk by the way is the most amazing walk you will ever take....along the Pinewalk.
Hope you enjoy wherever you stay as I'm sure you will.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:04

if there was a Bellresguard fan club I would be at top of the list.. Its lovely. Appts great, and the walk is lovely.
Old 04-01-2011, 13:19

I think it depends on what type of holiday you want and what age your kids are.

We stayed at VC three times when our girls were quite young (3 - 6 I think it was some time ago!!), and we had some great holidays there as there was a kids club and plenty of other children about.

We have also stayed at BR in a private apartment when the girls were teenagers. Obviously this apartment was bigger and more luxurious but it can be a lot quieter here and you may not get the interaction with other holidaymakers.

As far as the walk into town goes there is not much in it distance wise.

Either way I am sure you will have a great time !! - hope this is of help.