Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:40
Under Moderation

Smile Bonanca

Hi we are thinking of staying at these apartments in August, can anyone give me their thoughts (positive and/or negative) of these apartments, the pool, bar etc. We have previously stayed in Circe1 but they are really expensive but lovely!! Can anyone recommend anything to us, we have two children age 8 & 10 and need to be near the pine walk and with a pool?? PS We love Puerto Pollensa!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 12:20

Firstly I'll point out that I'm biased, as (like the ad.) "we liked it so much, we bought the apartment!"

A block of 14 private apartments, located 1 row back from the seafront, behind the Illa d'Or Hotel. I can only speak for myself and the other three or four apartments I've been into, but generally speaking you'll find not super luxury, (the prices aren't 'luxury' either!) but clean, comfortable apartments. They each have a small balcony (big enough to sit out and eat) facing the road at the front of the block and some have partial sea views. There's a door from the apartments directly out to the pool area at the rear, so kids don't need to go out onto the road at all.

The bar, restaurant and pool area to the rear were all entirely refurbished this year and provide anything from a sandwich to a fillet steak - and it's all good! The bar/restaurant is called 'Laguna' and is run by a Mallorcan guy called Jacko and his Scottish wife Jane. I believe there's a link to their website with pictures in the restaurants section of the site. They offer some low key (not noisy) entertainment around the pool a couple of evenings a week. They also have a couple of big screen TV's that show Sky sports (with the sound turned off, so it's not intrusive). They also have free WiFi.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:38

We regularly rent a Bellsegaurd apartment, but 3/4 years ago we had a week in a Bonanca apartment. Baron's comments are very accurate. I understand since we stayed there a number of the apartments have been refurbished. Also notethat the apartments are a mix of Mallorcan residents and 'rental apartments'.With Laguna and a small supermarket below, you probably won't need to leave 'home'. The pool can get busy with non residents, but the overall facilities are top notch.
The only downside, which shouldn't put you off 'cause the plus's far out weigh the minus's, is a degree of noise in the early hours as the bins are collected from the Illa d'Or. There is also plenty of traffic - deliveries, coaches and residents connected with the Illa d'Or. That said investing in breakfast (as a non-resident) at the Ila d'Or makes the noise worthwhile. Yum Yum!!