Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   Re Oro playa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/6607-re-oro-playa.html)

emmalou 18-05-2011 14:59

Great post CD.
Quote:

climbing up the calvary steps , counting each and every one
Will have to remember this one. Didn't go to Pollensa Town last year, but intending to get the bus there this year, should keep them out of mischief for a while!!! :)

Nick 18-05-2011 18:13

Yes emmalou, you must visit Pollensa town. It's very qauint with some lovely squares surrounded by classy cafes. The buildings are fantastic and the Calvary steps are a must climb, the view from the top is awesome.

endhouse 18-05-2011 20:14

Totally agree - the walk up Calvary Steps is always - wait for it- the high point of our holiday! I know I should stick to the day job. But joking apart on our first ever visit to PP when our kids were tiny we stayed at the Oro Playa and after walking around the town it didn't take us long to realise that there was lots of beautiful apartments to rent. Been going many years now and always stay in a new and different property. Be cheeky too. Make the agent an offer. We saved 500 euro for our May stay just by bargaining. They can only say "No". The money saved can then go on a sundowner at Illa d'Or followed by one of Jaime's fig pannacottas at O Lume. Marvellous!

debz1 19-05-2011 00:06

Great post cd!

Everything you said brought back wonderful memories of when my 'babies' were young and our early holidays in PP.

When we passed the Oro Playa a couple of weeks back it was boarded up and looked very sad and neglected. As you said when you can rent a private apartment at a much fairer price and have room to breath (a family in one room is not my idea of a holiday:eek: ) it certainly seems a much better option.

pips 19-05-2011 08:34

OH! CD such memories Chris played football on the beach and in the square it has one language, we sat and had lovely meals and he was safe, he is 19 now and wants to come with us also girlfriend, Libby is 16 she loves PP, the people are so friendly she has them as facebook friends.

clinz 21-05-2011 20:23

Some good points, but worth saying you can stay in a family hotel AND do a lot of these things. We stay in Playa Mar (paid fair bit less than you quote for 2 weeks doing is separately). Our kids love the mix of family activites and the beauty of PP....we also hire a car and get around a bit.....back again soon :)

keenholidayfan 05-06-2011 18:10

Is there anyone out there with up-to-date news on the Oro Playa - it was due to open for the season a week ago?

lollipop 05-06-2011 18:53

It is open but other than that I don't know.

keenholidayfan 06-06-2011 12:23

Well that’s a start, at least it’s open. We due to go there in less than 3 weeks! We’ve always enjoyed our holidays there before, but it’s worrying that the apartments appear to have been closed for nearly 8 months without much sign of a spring clean prior to opening! Although if we’d not popped over in March and saw the green pool we would have been none the wiser, it may be like that every winter for all we know - the pool usually looks blue enough by the time we usually get there so perhaps I'm worrying for nothing.

jiggggy 06-06-2011 13:48

We were staying not far from there last week and the pool looked great. Very quiet but there were peeps staying there.

keenholidayfan 06-06-2011 14:21

Bless you, that's what I wanted to hear, thank for update. Hope you had a great time. :)

deedee5356 08-06-2011 13:39

Thanks from me too! Due to go out on 1st August and have just been reading through this with growing trepidation. Good to know it is at least open. Most reviews I've read have said Oro Playa is very basic - I really don't mind that - it is the location we were after. Taking daughter and best friend (16) so wanted somewhere near the beach and a few shops/cafes etc. so I could be happy for them to go off on their own. I hope that's what we've got!

Hope you have a good time Keenholidayfan!!

Deedee

jiggggy 08-06-2011 14:29

Hi Deedee, my bro in law stayed here a couple of years ago and we went to see what they were like. They are perfectly fine, and as you said, the location, 1 back from the pine walk, is brillant. 50metres from the beach, plenty of bars/restaurants within the area, and a supermarket around the corner! I,m sure will all have a great time.

fil6699 08-06-2011 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee5356 (Post 59986)
Thanks from me too! Due to go out on 1st August and have just been reading through this with growing trepidation. Good to know it is at least open. Most reviews I've read have said Oro Playa is very basic - I really don't mind that - it is the location we were after. Taking daughter and best friend (16) so wanted somewhere near the beach and a few shops/cafes etc. so I could be happy for them to go off on their own. I hope that's what we've got!

Hope you have a good time Keenholidayfan!!

Deedee

The location will be perfect for you exactly what you need dont worry relax and get ready to enjoy :)

deedee5356 09-06-2011 11:35

Thanks for that jiggggy and fil6699 - I'm reassured! Haven't been to Puerto Pollensa before - have stayed in Santa Ponsa a couple of times and Cala San Vincent a good few years back (and Cala Mesquida (when it was Pontins!) many, many years ago!!). Have always thought Puerto Pollensa looked like a "just right" sort of place, not too quiet, but not heaving either - so looking forward to it. As for the apartments, clean is all I really ask for!

Good holidays wishes for everybody!

Deedee

keenholidayfan 09-06-2011 14:21

Hi Deedee, I’m sure you will just love Puerto Pollensa; we love everything about it especially the atmosphere there is everything there to make for a great holiday. Sorry to add to the scares previously about Oro Playa, but I’m sure everying will be fine now they’ve re-opened. Actually, the first review of the year has just appeared on Trip Advisor and it is quite favourable. We have stayed there for the last three years, and although they are quite basic, the apartment are kept spotlessly clean, are in a perfect location, and the staff are most helpful. Only two weeks until our holiday now so I will report back first hand early July. May even post a couple of photos if I can work out how!:)

Thanks to everyone for their comments too.