Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2010, 18:41

Default Sis Pins Hotel

We were in PP In August and got a list of room rates for Sis Pins for 2010/2011 which looked very inviting but while walking past the sunbathing terrace we noticed that the area under the shade where we previously had sunbeds was all set up with dining tables and chairs. Has anyone who stayed at Sis Pins this summer found this to be a problem? One of the main reasons we used to stay at Sis Pins was because of plentiful shade.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2010, 22:15
Under Moderation

We were in the Sis Pins last week and the lack of shade was a problem for us and many other guests.
I filled in the comments card at the end of our stay and advised them that there was not enough shade.
Old 22-09-2010, 22:44

Thanks for that Jimbo, makes our minds up about booking there, we stayed once at Daina and loved the hotel but won't go back because of lack of shade round the pool area. This year we stayed at Miramar and will book there for our next visit.
Old 29-09-2010, 22:37

I'm just back from The Sis Pins and didn't really find this a problem. They've added a few extra large umbrellas to the sun bathing area and there was adequate shade to be had. I actually thought that adding the dining area enhanced the overall experience. It was very popular although weather prone and occasionally played loud(ish) music, although they quickly turned it down when several people complained. I guess it depends on how much you value shade versus sunlight

A few other minor changes - no "free" wine & fruit in the room + breakfast is the same everyday and with less choice outside of the hot food e.g. no boiled eggs, no pain au chocolat, no ensaymadas. WiFi has been added but is chargeable and overly complex to figure out (you buy a number of hours over a number of days for €5 - not easy to administer). The "good" stuff, like free safety deposit boxes, free fridge, free hairdryers, free towels, ice machine etc are all still there and swing the balance around (for me anyway) against the Miramar (lovely hotel though it is), not to mention the substantial difference in price. The Sis Pins also do a very good deal for single occupancy, which is an absolute boon to those of us with elderly relatives in tow

Last edited by alathays; 29-09-2010 at 22:48. Reason: Extra Info
Old 29-09-2010, 23:09

I stayed in the Sis Pins at the beginning of September and also comented on the lack of shade. I spoke about it at reception & was told there had been lots of complaints & they would have to do something about it. As a solo traveller, I echo the comment about single rooms, super value as are the ones in La Singala.I have also stayed in the Miramar, give me Sis Pins any time.
Old 30-09-2010, 13:52

While this topic is up I would like to take the opportunity to applaud the people who took on and opened the hotel (not sure they even read this)
But I feel it needs saying those of us who looked at the Sis Pins in May still boarded up, walked by with sadness in our hearts as this Hotel is a major part of PP.
And to think it could have stayed like that for who knows how long . But like the Phoenix from the ashes these people took it on and seemed to have it open and running almost over night .
With no tour operator or bookings that takes some Kahunas( Sparky may edit that word).
Well done to the people who bought it and the staff who work there for saving a peace of PP heritage
Old 30-09-2010, 15:35
Super Moderator

As one of those that walked past when it was boarded up and (although i had never stayed there) felt very sad to see it like that....i agree with you 100% in the current climate it was indeed a very brave person who re-opened this (lets face it "icon"). I personally wish the new owner all the best, but it's up to the tourists who will either use it or lose it.
Old 30-09-2010, 15:54

As a long term patron of the Sis Pins I was delighted that it re-opened. Peter, the new owner, said it came within 24 hours of shutting for good (or a very long time ). I think it's part business, part hobby / sentiment that made him put together the rescue deal although he's very "hands on" . Bookings for July went to 50% from zero in June and were running at about 75% occupancy in September. I actually had to move next year's hols by a week as my requested dates weren't available . Can't wait to go back.

On a separate note, I was quite disappointed to see an increase in graffiti in the port, especially from some ar####s calling themselves the "SLV crew" (or words to that effect)

Last edited by alathays; 30-09-2010 at 15:56.
Old 30-09-2010, 19:02

Most impressed with the last five posts and amused too fil6699.

Know what you meant, all about the Spanish for rabbit and a word using the same letters somewhat rearranged, with a totally different meaning!

Long may the Sis Pins prosper.

Btw was in the Silverburn Centre in Glasgow last week and Barrhead Travel advertising packages to it next summer.

Porto
Old 30-09-2010, 20:26

Never stayed at the Sis Pins but as we walked passed a few weeks ago somene shouted out and it was our friend Tony...he is now the manager there. People may recognise him from Can Costa. He treated us to a cold beer on the terrace and it really is a perfect location for anyone coming to PP. It would have been awful if it had closed for good and I suppose a few teething problems are understandable considering no one knew if it was going to open at all this year.

LOL @Porto! Not only 'rabbit' but also the Spanish for chicken, but ending with an 'A' not an 'O' Be careful how you order in restaurants or you might not get what you asked for!!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:46

Smile Hotel Sis Pins

Big offers for October and November advertised in Daily Bulletin this morning.
""Three nights for the price of two.
Prices from 29.95 euros per night per person, breakfast and tax included.
50% discount for children from 4 to 12.
Free for children up to 4 years old."

They are trying really hard!

Frito
Old 01-10-2010, 12:50

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Never stayed at the Sis Pins but as we walked passed a few weeks ago somene shouted out and it was our friend Tony...he is now the manager there. People may recognise him from Can Costa. He treated us to a cold beer on the terrace and it really is a perfect location for anyone coming to PP. It would have been awful if it had closed for good and I suppose a few teething problems are understandable considering no one knew if it was going to open at all this year.

LOL @Porto! Not only 'rabbit' but also the Spanish for chicken, but ending with an 'A' not an 'O' Be careful how you order in restaurants or you might not get what you asked for!!!!
Or not as the case may be lol
Old 01-10-2010, 17:11
Banned

Off subject I know but as I've reported before, and as "Alathays" states above, does anyone know who this bunch of muppets calling themselves the "SLV Crew" are?

I've also seen "SLV 2010" on a sign and "SLV is back" on a wall. I assume this excuse of a person has been incarcerated for a while?

I'm sure Sparky could do some digging?!
Old 01-10-2010, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Off subject I know but as I've reported before, and as "Alathays" states above, does anyone know who this bunch of muppets calling themselves the "SLV Crew" are?

I've also seen "SLV 2010" on a sign and "SLV is back" on a wall. I assume this excuse of a person has been incarcerated for a while?

Even more of topic but if soarky is gona do some digging I have a whole heap of land needs digging over lol
Old 01-10-2010, 19:12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post

As is always the case these criminals are careful not to be seen, i reported here on another thread how their criminal damage had been painted over and the next day it was back.
Believe me if i did some digging and found out who they were i would bury them in the hole i had dug along with all the dog poo. .