Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2010, 13:37

Default Pollensa park Hotel

Don't know if anybody else has heard anything but strong rumours are going around that the Pollensa Park is to close as it's losing money. I always thought the place was an eyesore, but each to their own

Last edited by pollensafan; 20-09-2010 at 13:41.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-09-2010, 13:58
Super Moderator

If we believed all the rumours that are going around, we would think that every business in the port is closing down. I guess we will just have to wait and see what actually happens.
Old 20-09-2010, 14:52

Apparently staff were called to a meeting and told to ignore the rumours. They will open next year but maybe for a month less and staff would be contracted.
Old 20-09-2010, 15:01

ooohh i had been thinking of booking this hotel for next year?? Hate these kind of rumours as it makes everyone a little hesitate ...
Old 20-09-2010, 19:03

The Pollensa Park Hotel is certainly a landmark in PP, if not going as far as an icon.

Never actually stayed in it and don't think I would, however a lot of people are employed there and many many people over the years have enjoyed their holidays there.

Would hope it's on the go next year 100%.

And Rachel btw, you were going to spend a couple of days in Palma prior to moving up to PP, so come on, spill the beans!

Porto
Old 21-09-2010, 10:01

Haha Portofan ... I have been working lots from I got back get the odd chance to get on to the forum for a bit of a nosey during the day but I will post a long detailed review at the weekend of where we ate etc ....

I will say although I really loved Palma I found 3 days a bit too long and by the third I was really looking forward to PP ... perhaps this was because we did the sightseeing tour and felt we had already saw quite a bit by then... but the food was amazing. We did sit one night in a little cobbled court yard down by the cathedral having tapas it was just heaven

Look forward to writing a longer description asap...

My only confession would be that I found eating out a little bit more expensive this year which was why after years of going self catering and private apartments ( when there have been a few of us) i was considering the Pollensa Park or the Pollentia... reviews on the dreaded trip advisor are very mixed so i would be really interested in any comments ...

Many thanks

Rachel
Old 21-09-2010, 10:09
Super Moderator

Can i just point out that the vast majority of restaurants have not increased prices but those that don't include it will be dearer because of the increase in IVA this summer.
Old 21-09-2010, 10:19

ohh i realise this and I wasnt for one moment suggesting that restaurants had put their prices up ... if anything I think it is a mixture of the rate of exchange and IVA... and the fact that we dont cook in much .........
Old 21-09-2010, 11:28
Founder

Default Pollensa Park/Bellamar Apartments

Back on the Pollensa Park, I've just received an enquiry asking about the Bellamar apartments which were previously booked through the Pollensa Park but won't be next year. Does anyone have any news on this and whether they will still be offered & through whom? Thanks. Alpharooms don't appear to have them yet either.
Old 21-09-2010, 18:53

We had a walk round the area near the Pollensa Park last week and we were quite surprised at how different it was to the other parts of PP that we know a bit better. It seemed more like Alcudia...
Old 21-09-2010, 19:27

If anything, Polelnca park has been much busier with cyclists this year, also a number of hotels seem to be targetting the spanish mainland, French and German market, ones that traditionally have only looked at the Brits
Old 04-10-2010, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel23 View Post
i was considering the Pollensa Park or the Pollentia... reviews on the dreaded trip advisor are very mixed so i would be really interested in any comments ...

Many thanks

Rachel
Rachel,

Pollensa Park is a bit of an eyesore (sorry Portofan but I am not as tactful as your goodself) and would be right at home in downtown Alcudia. I have never stayed there so can't comment on the staff, facilities etc, but I am sure it provides some tourists what they are looking for.

If you are refering to Club Pollentia, I would highly recommend it. It is much more sympathatically constructed. Staff, facilities and food are excellent. If you go choose the "Village" rather than "Maris" apartments. Only drawback is it is nearer Alcudia than PP, but plenty of buses and taxis if you are out on the town!

Adios

Dave
Old 05-10-2010, 15:43
Banned

I think "eyesore" is being sympathetic..........."dump" would be the word I'd use.

It's an ugly, out of date, huge monstrosity that has no place in Lovely PP. I think I'm right in saying that the top few floors are illegal so they get fined every year?

And yes joelise80, the tacky few bars around it would be better in Alcudia/Sants Ponsa/Magalluf.

This is all my own opinion of course before anyone gets all upset.
Old 05-10-2010, 16:37

suppose everyone has got an opinion on pollensa park but on a plus,think how many people who have been introduced to the port by first staying there, must be in their thousands,nay tens of thousands and have actively helped the economy of pp, again as previous post only an opinion,hard hat and boots on just in case.
Old 05-10-2010, 18:51
Super Moderator

I agree Phil but then i am one of those whose introduction to PP was at the Polypark, some of the staff who worked there then still do and some of their children have also been employed by them. Other businesses have opened in the area because of the hotel and probably it was the reason that the Gommar area expanded as it has. Lets be honest the hotel was built long before much of the port as we know was even on the drawing board.