Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/)
-   -   La Nau - Pinaret (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/hotels-villas-apartments-pollensa-cala-san-vicente/6464-la-nau-pinaret.html)

Duffers 25-08-2010 16:44

La Nau - Pinaret

Was a regular in PP for many years until 2006 when we decided the world is so big and there are plenty other places to see. I am so pleased to be coming back to PP in July 2011, so much so that I have booked an apartment in Pinaret called La Nau. From what I have seen these look very modern and quite spacious and I am led to believe they are situated on Calle de 5B. Has anybody stayed here? Are there any good restaurants nearby? What about food stores, how far are they - only reason I ask is that I have never stayed this side of the Marina before and will ned to get my bearings.

debz1 25-08-2010 17:50

Hi Duffers these apartments are very close to our place in Pinaret. Ideally located..only a two minute walk to the beach and about ten minutes to the center of town, with lots of bars and restaurants on the way! There is a big supermarket at the end of the road on the seafront which is fine for odds and ends although quite pricey. if you have a car it may be better to do your 'big shop' at Eroski or Mercadona in Alcudia.

I'm sure you'll love being back in PP :)

cherylbb 26-08-2010 10:44

Hi Duffers & welcome to the forum.

We stayed in La Nau this July/August & thought the location was perfect. It is one block back from the beach directly behind the Farmacia & the Villa Parade office. As Debz says there is a large Spar on the front which is great for fresh croissants, bread & the morning paper, also sells just about everything else but is more expensive. There are also all the shops & bars on the road to Pollensa Park Hotel which are about a 5 min walk in opposite direction.
The apartments are great, only 3 years old I believe. Good pool with childrens splash pool too, although there is not any shade so it does get hot! Only 10 apartments altogether I think & at least 3 are lived in permanently so its never too busy.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it there!

Duffers 27-08-2010 21:56

thanks so much for the detailed information, only 11 months to go!

Loujanu22 04-09-2010 08:18

La Nau

Hey Duffers.... We've been 6 times now in the last 2 years and have to say I cant see us going anywhere else again - I always wondered why people would return to somewhere they have already been as there is a big wide world out there to discover but now I am one of those converted...PP (located on the Northern side of Mallorca) must be one of the safest places to holiday, especially if you have children in tow. It's nightlife consists of one nightclub but an array of bars and in the 6 trips I can honestly say I have not seen one yob or witnessed any trouble - We have taken a range of ages with us the youngest being two 13 year old girls (my daughter & friend) and 4 teenagers (my 2 sons & a 2 friends) - I can honestly say I had no issues with them being out and about at night without us, its that safe!! If anything I'd say my husband and I were probably the loudest whilst laughing and joking coming back from a bar that we made our local on our first trip alone back in April 2007.... If you want a good small bar that is friendly, entertaining and sells good food AND bonus literally a few minutes walk from La Nau then try The Palms Bar in C/Bot...It's right opposite the Pollensa Park Hotel... Its owned by a British family Brian, Tracy, Kelly and John- They have regular entertainment along the lines of Lionel Richie he's excellent and bless Elvis who is just so funny... This year I believe they have had Freddie Mercury, Robbie Williams and Rod Stewart (all tribute acts of course) They also have Karaoke if you fancy a singsong and Sky Sports too showing all the big matches if your into that!!.... Anyway getting back to your La Nau apt, we have stayed in Villa's and apartments...but we have booked the La Nau Penthouse for May next year (cant wait) We do everything independently, the flights and accomadation etc and have had a couple of duff apartments that really shouldnt even be rentable so decided to go for this...I will give a verdict on here once back but knowing the area well I'd say its a spot on location...It's as Cherlbb stated it's one line back which is perfect as there is a road that runs along the shore so noise etc is totally eliminated. As soon as you walk out to the main road you are greeted by the beach on the other side. Walk to the right and you will find a few bars/rest/shops etc and a lovely beach restaurant plus of course the Palms bar that I mentioned - The road also has regular bus stops going to Alcudia, Old PP Town etc...Turn to your left and the shops/bars/rest become more frequent heading to the Marina which is a lovely walk with the water on your right- The Square (packed full of every type of restaurant) and Marina and The Pines Walk!! seriously is only a 10min stroll - Get the ferry to Formentor...Doesnt take long and is approx 10 euros (adult) return or you could get a taxi over the mountain (just dont look down lol), theres not alot there a cafe and restaurant but the beach is beautiful...Also get a bus or taxi to Cala San Vincente it's a lovely Cove and quite busy but nice (we walked over and through the hills coming back BEAUTIFUL) - Anyway enough of my waffle...I truly believe that location wise you have it spot on, you couldnt ask for a better location...I cant wait to stay in the Penthouse, its got 360d views of the sea and the Tramuntana mountains...Cant see us venturing out that much with that on offer lol... You have a fantastic time and maybe we can compare notes lol- Ps the transfer time from airport to PP is approx 50mins and a taxi should cost you no more than 80 euros unless its jumoed up since last year...I would say hire a car as 160 euros there and back would warrant it but to be honest you probably wont use it once you've looked round- You wont want to leave lol......Lou

BigErn 27-09-2010 12:20

Just got back from staying a week at La Nau apartments.

There are 14 apartments in the block 8 on the ground floor and 6 on the first floor. The ground floor apartments are on two levels with the living area and kitchen at ground
level and the bedrooms upstairs. The patio area leads straight out onto the pool.

The first floor apartments are all on one level but do have the benefit of a roof terrace which have fabulous 360 degree views of the seafront and mountains.

We have stayed in both the ground floor and first floor apartments. (The ground floor was booked via Villa parade, the first floor was booked privately). The apartments are very modern and very well equipped. There is also an underground car parking area with lockable storeroom.

If you need to know anything else please let me know.

bandulu 20-12-2011 14:02

La Nau

Hi everyone, i live in La Nau all year. Place is only 100 m to the beach. Supermarket is only in 200 m. Not necessary to go to Alcudia for a big supermarket. Eroski and Hipercentro are just 2 minutes by car and are much cheaper for make a big shopping. There´s 8 duplex and 4 attics. Fantastic place for childrenĦĦĦĦ