Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2010, 11:34

Default Hotel Miramar?

Morning all,
Just got back last week from a great 2 weeks in PP. As usual, we stayed in an apartment at the far end of the Pine Walk, by Singala hotel, which is great but the next holiday we fancy an hotel. We were thinking of the Hotel Miramar. We've passed it everyday we've been in PP but never been in there. Anyone stayed there? And would you recommend it?
(When I say "our next holiday" that was supposed to refere to next summer, but we miss the place so much we are thinking of going again this September!)

Thanks.
Old 22-07-2010, 12:57

Red face

Hiya Pollpot,

Haven't actually stayed in the Miramar, but we had a meal there at the conclusion of a holiday in PP last year... Must admit we were all quite dissapointed with the meal, only stating this just in case it was indicative of the hotel itself... Personally speaking, I think the Miramar exudes luxury when you look at it, but I think the realirt probably leaves a lot to be desired.... Ever thought about trying Bahia, bit basic, but a lovely hotel, very nice & helpful staff (Pedro the head restaurant person especially)..... Plus the shelled Paella in the evening being eaten on the terrace is to die for (taste/food wise & view wise).....

Hope this helps.....
Old 22-07-2010, 13:33

The Miramar is also known for its extraordinarily grumpy staff... again I haven't stayed there, only had a drink on the outside terrace (on numerous occasions, over the course of many years) - we keep going back because of the location but I wouldn't say all of the waiters necessarily make you feel very welcome. Perhaps it would have been different had we been staying there. Personally I would choose the Bahia as the location is just as good - in fact better - the food is good and the staff are lovely.
Old 22-07-2010, 17:25

Not looking too good for the Miramar then?
The reason I fancied it was because it's in the Thomson "Small and Friendly" brochure and we think it would work out cheaper if we booked hotel and flight through them. Although we've always booked everything oursleves. Just fancy a change.
Also, the customer feedback from brochure is - Holiday Overall=99%
Accommodation=98%. Location=100%

The only other hotels in PP in the brochure are Hotel Romantic and Hotel Pollentia and I don't fancy those.
Old 22-07-2010, 18:45

Tony
If you want a "small & friendly" hotel, consider the Sis Pins! It can now be booked direct after being re-opened following the collapse of former owners, Globespan.
My wife and I arrive on 31st for 10 days and we can't wait.
Mike
Old 22-07-2010, 20:52
Founder

However if you'd like to compare packages prices & see what comes out best, do see our FULL List of Hotels in Puerto Pollensa as we do list all the major tour operators who offer them as well as some good booking agents such as AlphaRooms, Expedia etc.
Old 23-07-2010, 11:52

Thanks, I'll have a good look at them. The thing is, Cardiff is my nearest airport and you don't have a lot of choice of flights.
Surely somebody has stayed at the Miramar and actually liked it! I need someone to tell me how good it is.

Last edited by Pollpott; 23-07-2010 at 12:20.
Old 23-07-2010, 16:33

Default hotel miramar

Must agree with previous posts about the Miramar...staff are very rude sometimes and the reality doesn't live up the the expectations....its in a fantastic place to people watch being right on the Pine Walk but it is expensive. Its one of those places where they don't really have to try that hart because people will always seem to go there. Can't beat the Trip Advisor site for genuine reviews on many smaller places, but DO look at Bahia its very good value for money and a lovely location.
Old 23-07-2010, 18:08

As someone who has stayed there more than 8 times over the last 10 years I am going to have to strongly disagree with the above comments (no disrespect but most of the above posters admit that they have not stayed there). I wont go on and on, but a simple summary of why I keep going back (and I have stayed elsewhere, including the Bahia):

- Super friendly management. Family owned since 1912
- Super helpful and friendly staff. Two waiters now very good friends with my son and have bought him presents at the end of previous holidays
- Charm and relaxed, informal quality by the bucket load. Not luxury but simple and effective style
- Many many guests been staying there for 10, 15, 20 years. They cant all be wrong
- Perfect spot. Wonderful balconies. Private terrace, own sunbeds.
- Go out of their way to help. Too many examples to list

Of course it has a few faults but I love it as do many others. These are my views
Old 24-07-2010, 11:37

Thanks Rich London,
Very helpful. We're still not sure what to do. I've certainly considered the others on the Pine Walk - Bahia, Sis Pins, Daina. Not sure yet. Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions.
Tony
Old 24-07-2010, 14:10

Hi Pollpott.

Read the thread last n ight but not had time to reply.

Stayed there twice in 2008, a week in May and a week in October.

Front room with balcony in May and a rear room, at fairly short notice in the October.

Much better in a front room but you will pay a bit more for it.

Lovely clean hotel, staff always helpful at the desk and never any problems in the bar or dining room with any staff, one or two of the waiters characters, in their own way.

We had a late afternoon departure the first time and the use of a courtesy room, albeit tiny was great to get a shower and change before heading off.

Never had lunch but the buffet breakfast is very nice, not the choice as in a much bigger hotel and we had dinner on a couple of night each visit and enjoyed. they ask that you book when taking dinner.

Rich london has said it all in a previous post.

Very central too when going out for the evening.

You'll enjoy PP whatever you do I'm sure!

Porto
Old 24-07-2010, 14:29

Cool

Thanks Portofan,
I always enjoy PP, been there 8 years on the trot. Just came back last weekend but fancy going again this year! We always stay in apartments but fancied an hotel next.
The problem is, there's too much choice in such a fantastic place as PP.
Hard life, innit? deciding which luxury hotel to stay in.
Old 24-07-2010, 16:46

Hi

Going to agree with Rich London here. We stayed at the Miramar last september and we are going back in september. We are taking the in laws this time and chose the Miramar again because they are veryfussy about hotels and expect standards to be high - at the Miramar they are.

The hotel is in a prime location and is spotlessly clean.

A couple of people have mentioned the staff. I would agree that they are not overly friendly but they are very professional and know and do their jobs very well. I would describe the service as quite formal. Personally, it doesn't bother me that they aren't gushing over me and stopping me in the corridor every moment to ask what I've been doing. I don't mind that kind of very friendly service but I'm more concerned with cleanliness, service and having things put right quickly when they go wrong and that's what you get at the Miramar.

We always eat out so I can't comment on the food. The breakfast is fine. The hotel's main clientele is Britains aged over 60 and from what I could gather from the menu the food will appeal to many of the patrons. It seems to represent good value compared to many of the restaurants and if you choose to eat there every night of your stay you will get a further 10% discount.

I really don't think you will be disappointed
Old 24-07-2010, 19:52
Under Moderation

Default Miramar

Hi

We've just returned from a great week in PP and must say I'm surprised by the comments over food and staff at the miramar. We had one of our best meals of the holiday here, and being keen foodies, that is high praise indeed. Secondly the staff were terrific, made all my party feel welcome, played jokes with my 11 year old son and gave us plenty of attention. Fantastic and we will definately be back.
Old 25-07-2010, 01:43

Perhaps they read the reveiws and upd their game!?